Thread: Diver/led problem

Default Diver/led problem

i just got corbin's driver yesterday, running a lux III red-o from a 7.2v pack, it worked great,but I got home today, turned it on and it cut out after about 10 seconds.....i removed the led, soldered the restistor back in place, threw a battery on it, and NOTHING! i got this led less than 2 weeks ago. Could this be a dud, or is my driver defective? it will light a k2 white so i know it has output so i put a volt meter on the led out of the driver and it's reading the same as the battery output--- so did the led burn out from overfeeding it? this has me pretty pissed right now and I'm about to scrap it all, it's brand new, so now I'm building into a slow burn and I'm ready to put my fist through a wall....
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sounds like it grounded out. It happens... thermal tape really helps to prevent that. It takes very little to do that so unless there was something glaringly obvious like an exposed wires, luck just wasn't on your side.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

ahhh, no exposed wires, but I'll get a new led and some thermal tape and give that a shot, thanks, I do feel a bit more calm now...
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

yeah for some reasion the lusIII darkside leds are not eletrically isolated or something liek that. but the k2s I guess are so no more grounding out. Thats why I havent went with a darkside led yet is iam waiting to findout if the k2 is gonna be better which iamhoppingit will be.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics