Thread: Source for speakers?

Default Source for speakers?

While looking for speakers that I could put in my MHS saber (having been challenged to get it done here in Kuwait), a buddy of mine happened to be flipping through a ThinkGeek catalog I had left out and discovered this. It intrigued me from the description, and I think I should be able to scavenge the speaker from this with relative ease - plus the construction should give me hints on how exactly one installs a speaker on one's lightsaber.

So my question to you, O Great Gurus Of Lightsaber-Makingness... should I bother with this? Is there a better source for speakers?

I would just wait for the speakers in the store to be back in stock, they have already been proven to be high quality,low cost ,and fitting them in most hilts has already been established. I too am waiting for them, most of the others ive tried are only average sounding at best.

These have the same specs (1.1" diameter / 8 Ohms / 1 Watt) as the ones sold in the store:
    http://www.litchfieldstation.com/xca...oductid=410105
    Last edited by sfer1; 04-04-2008 at 07:17 AM.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

I think the speaker might be a bit big for use in a saber. The unit is 52mm, so the actual speaker may be almost that big as well. The speakers in the store are 29-30mm or 1.1" in diameter.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-03-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Speakers for TCSS are on their way, btw...

Only a matter of time now.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide