Thread: Single 9v to double?

Default Single 9v to double?

Quick question - I noticed TCSS sells a single 9v to double 9v adapter. I have a Parks EL saber that runs on 1 9v and I was wondering if I could just use the adapter to increase blade brightness. Is this a quick fix, or will I have to change anything else to compensate for the increased voltage? I don't want to fry my saber!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have no idea of Parks inverters can handle 18v or not so I wouldnt try it.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

as far as i know, the parks blades are indiglo type of EL not your standard EL cable, i once connected a stock, standard inverter + 9v to an indiglo night light and it was just as bright as if it were plugged into an outlet....i would guess it's really not worth trying since this was made to work on high voltage and gave the same results from a 9v. plus, 80 bucks + shipping isn't worth finding out the hard way, those blades may be a very thin layer of the el material so 18v could just burn through them. BUT, you could just email parks, they responded to me quickly when i had questions.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Thanks for the replies. I know Parks makes a couple of sabers that use 18v but I am not sure if they use different boards. I will try contacting them and see what they say. I think it's about time I try building my own saber anyway
    A.
    You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
    And once when you stare death in the face.

-Fleming, after Basho