Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Jay-gon's Brass saber 2 & 3 (MR Sound/Lux III's)

nice clean/thin cuts.. and looks great.

in this image:

what are you using around he button heads? like a thin domed brass washer? really adds. no doubt.

Ive using a pipe cutter to make 'rings/grooves' Im curious as to how 'tight/deep' you go?

in the same saber mentioned above.. I see the rings above & below the ribbed section look alomost deep enough to be seperate rings/sections.. where as the ones below by the grip/pommel area are lighter (not as deep looking), are you just doing diffenent clamp tightness in those areas?

also.. man, you need to geta 'signature' button style or small foot print control box/clamp set up .. those bulky, big black buttons arent doing your work any justice..

over-all, always very visually appeasing hilts.

Darth Anubis

by good I do love you brass sabers I just love them you should make on with a thin neck extension that would be so cool

hey JGJ-

I just wanted to doubel check with you.. these latest polished BRASS plumbing tubes.. are the ones that either need to be HONED out or have the MHS parts turned down to a smaller O.D.... correct? are are these 'regular' I.D. sink tube diameter?

from here:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class307

I see these are way more:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Oil-Rubbed-Bronz...QQcmdZViewItem

(and if you need a colored grill:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Shower-Til...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks
    Last edited by xl97; 05-15-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Yup, xl, those are the tubes from "signiture Hardware that either need to be honed or the MHS pieces turned to a smaller o.d. to fit.

As far as the buttons go, I know they aren't anything fancy, but as I don't intend on keeping these, I want to keep the costs down. The first brass saber I did, in the one pic there, has a metal push button switch that looks better than the black ones, but it costs $6 at my local hardware store. I'd love to have some kind of switch plate to use on these things, but nobody makes them except Parks, and I didn't really like the wait time to order from him.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Darth Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Anubis View Post
    by good I do love you brass sabers I just love them you should make on with a thin neck extension that would be so cool

like this

Maybe some day Anubis....using it on that style saber kind of defeats the purpose of the choke point...I think it'd work better on one like BS#1, 4, & 5.

EDIT:
    BTW, the angle on that cut is only 45deg. The others I did at 30deg.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 05-15-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

where did you get that clamp? it's sick!

Stupid me, I posted those last pics in the wrong thread! D'oh!

They belonged here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=4783&page=2

Banned Sith Lord

wow that is amazing. SEe since im machining my lightsaber from scratch the brass tube shouldnt be a problem. ill just micro the inner diameter of the tube and base my outer diameter of the hilt on that +/- what say .002"??? i cant be terribly accurate. i mean its boring bar! that should work[IMG][/IMG]

Banned Sith Lord

sweet found the sight. thanks master JAY GON. i cant wait....