Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's Brass saber 2 & 3 (MR Sound/Lux III's)

Default Jay-gon's Brass saber 2 & 3 (MR Sound/Lux III's)

I found a place online that sells already polished brass sink drain pipes, and decided to do a couple new brass sabers using these along with some modified MHS parts. Here's what I'm starting with:

This is Brass Saber #2. (Brass saber #1 can be seen under my topic, "Jay-gonn Jinn's BRass/MHS saber") It will feature some of the design elements from my custom saber, like a full "sleeve" or "overlay" with a cut-out for the grips. It will be running a green K2 directly from an MR Anakin Skywalker ROTS soundboard, 4-AA battery pack with optional in-hilt rechargeablilty built-in, MHS blade holder style 5 with a style 3 MPS, a ribbed extension, and a machined aluminum CT knob. This will also use a Parks laser-cut control box/clamp piece as well. All of the MHS parts for this one had to be further machined to fit inside the drain pipe. THese are a slightly heavier guage than standard chrome pipes, so Tim Machined the O.D. down to 1.42", and they fit perfectly.

I'm not crazy about the finish on the Parks clamp, so I'll have to see if I can polish it up with the buffing wheel.

Brass Saber #3 is going to be built from these parts:

This will use MHS style 1 blade holder, a ribbed extension, MPS pommel style 1, parks "R" style control box, an MR Anakin ROTS soundboard, 4-AA battery pack with optional in-hilt rechargeability, A green K2 and a machined aluminum CT knob. Just to get an idea of the size of this "R" control box, here it is next to a standard MHS heatsink:
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-26-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Cool

I can't wait to see the beauty finished Its going to be shiny for sure

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Very nice jay! It's gonna look awesome!

BLUE 3- Ready

oooooooooooooooooooo shinny. Look'en good! Get to work.

Hey Jay Gon, got a link for those sink tubes?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

im not jay but here ya go

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class307

BLUE 3- Ready

Yay more shiny brass sabers! I likey the pretty shiny sabers. Can't wait to see.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist View Post
    Thanks VT.

Looks like it is gonna be purty, so does this signature hardware inner dia fits over MHS parts. I saw these awhile back but was not sure.
    Sith Happens

These DO NOT FIT over the MHS parts. I had to have Strydur machine them down to 1.42" from their original 1.45" o.d. to allow them to fit. These are listed as 20 ga. tubes, and I think the MHS is designed to fit inside a 22 ga. pipe.

EDIT:
    You can safely have Strydur machine the MHS parts down to 1.43" and these will fit nice and snug over the MHS parts.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-21-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.