Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My RGB Saber

Default My RGB Saber

Hello all,
    Finally got my RGB saber mostly done. Still needs a bit more polishing, but here it is. The top switch lets you change between the Jedi or Sith sounds on the MR 616 soundboard that I used. The other switch is the main power for the sound and a Corbin driver. It's got a Prolight RGB led and three 250 ohm 1 watt pots.

the purple looks good,do you use a resistor at all? and what kind of optics?

Talking

wow man I love the saber!!The purple does kick indeed!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    the purple looks good,do you use a resistor at all? and what kind of optics?
    I suspect that he used the output of the MR board and pots ARE resistors on top of that to dim the separate colors.

Pro-light LEDs are identical in form to III's so the standard lens and holder work.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Looks cool man, great job!

BLUE 3- Ready

Is that a soundboard from the construction kit?

Yeah, that's the soundboard out of the kit. I took the switch on it apart and soldered new leads on for an external power switch and a switch for changing the sound banks. I was going to just use the led outputs from the MR board, but I ended up frying something on the board when I was playing around with where to solder some things and screwed up the LED output. I used the MR sound with a Corbin driver so it all works out in the end. The optics are just the standard 5 degree that Tim sells here in the shop.

for my money, this seams to be a much better board than picking a character model and tearing it apart, it sounds better, and is more useful than most of the other MR boards, to me at least... great job on this one, and messing the board up may have been a blessing in disguise... the driver will most likely do much better for the blade anyway, so you get the best of both worlds! great saber man, can't wait to see it polished up in the gallery!

BTW i had one of these boards and burned it so bad it wont even power up (tried to run 7.2v on it before reading the forum threads),it worked for a minute, made a fart noise and died, so now i have a luke ANH that i hate.....for a few of us that sound board is worth it's weight in gold, well done bro...
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 03-29-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

haha fart noise..

I donno if i'm just seeing things or not but does anyone else think that purple seems a little different then the purple you get from the RGB rebel?

still awesome but im just wondering?

maybe it is the same i donno i might just be seeing things

heheh farts are funny...
    I'm not griping or calling anyone out here anyone here, I just thought it was worth saying...

here is the problem, most of us want our hilt in the pic too, but we're taking a picture of a bright light, so we sometimes use a flash... or not, but the camera itself can deter from what we can see in real life depending on the saber, the angles, room lighting etc...judging by the lovely plume at the emitter on this one, i would say the camera is just not doing it justice... purple is easily the hardest color to do, and such a nice shade of it is enough for me to assume it looks great in person, since we have very little to compare it to besides other pics.... it's really one of those things you have to take at face value, but whenever a purple blade comes into play, ppl go apes#!t over how it should have been done... this seams well implemented but keep in mind, EVERY saber will only be a part of the builder, it is an extension of one's self, so it can never really be done wrong, you just have to be happy with what you have in the end
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.