Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Obi TPM saber

Default MHS Obi TPM saber

I haven't built a saber for myself for over a year and decided I needed to clear out my box of parts and see what I could come up with. I found an MHS ribbed section, a 2" double female threaded coupler and a Type 3 emitter and got to thinking. Well, I also found a bunch of other stuff, but in playing with the parts, the three I mentioned looked familiar when put together. So I decided to make a custom pommel and I am going to start what I hope is a passable replica of an Obi TPM using MHS parts. Here is what I have so far:

Here are a few pics of the custom pommel I machined:

I also have a couple of blue Lux 3 stars and a older Crystal Focus (V2.something I think). I think I am going to pick up a choke section to replace the 2" double female section and I may have to make a special 1" double female section to get it the proper basic shape/length. Then a couple of sink tube shrouds for the grip and emitter as well as a trim piece for the emitter end and I will be close. I already have a red button and brass valve I could use as well as a few LED bezels and a covertech wheel. As I get more work completed I will post pics to keep things updated.

That pommel is SICK! That saber is gonna rock. IMHO, the "plain" section could be just a tad longer. But seriously, SICK DUDE!
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Yeah, I plan on replacing the 2" section with the choke section which I believe is 2.5" inches long and adding another 1" to that so it will look more like the TPM base shape.

That'll be boss, dude. (If I may break out some old Lingo.)
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Awesome pommel. I definitely think the thin neck piece with an extra inch or so will look really nice.
    My MHS:

Youngling

Looking great so far - look forward to seeing this progress.

I agree that it looks a tad short as it is and will benefit from the extra length. If it's any help, the Larbel Obi-Wan I have is 11 3/4"

Awesome pommel acerocket! The Obi TPM saber is among my favorite hilts from the movies. I hope it turns out good.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Very nice, I like the choke section myself as it gives the saber a diff look and grip. That pommel is just the bomb diggity, lol. Bet if you made extras you would have many buyers starting w/me for one. Please keep us up to date w/new pics as you go on this project.

TIM, you have GOT to make some of those pommels for us dude, that is totally awesome aero.

and a larger pbi pommel would be cool too.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Like others said, that is SICK!. got to have that pommel. lol

BLUE 3- Ready