Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lol....another newb question

Whoa. One word.... SECURITY!!!!!!

Keep dem girls under lock and key, dey needs da chastity belts. Then again... who's strong enough to steal 'em? Hehehhehehehee

Sweet, Ace, suhhhhhhwheet.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Ace that sure is a Beauty, actually when I worked at Odin Forge, all our Mills we manual no electronics at all. OK I must admit I have never used a buck puck and I understand the functions and advantages but here is the big question how well do they work with NIMH Rechargeable Batteries, I currently am running my Cree-5 off of 4 Nimh AA's which is 4.8Vand I noticed that Tim recommends a min of 5V?
    Last edited by GFORCE13; 03-31-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Ever work with Punch cards? One way to get back at some one you really hated was to shuffle them. That's worse than killing younglings. Ha ha ha
    BWAH-HA-HA-HA!

I was slightly less of a bastard... I'd take exactly one card, and move it exactly seven cards forward or backward in the sequence. Didn't matter as much; in my programming heyday, it was already an antiquated technology - we only used it because my school couldn't justify the expense of upgrading their old tech just for student projects.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE13 View Post
    Ace that sure is a Beauty, actually when I worked at Odin Forge, all our Mills we manual no electronics at all. OK I must admit I have never used a buck puck and I understand the functions and advantages but here is the big question how well do they work with NIMH Rechargeable Batteries, I currently am running my Cree-5 off of 4 Nimh AA's which is 4.8Vand I noticed that Tim recommends a min of 5V?
    You really need a higher voltage with the Buckpuck because of the way the circuitry works. In addition to supplying a fixed current output, they also supply a fixed 5V output. So without at least 5V input, they can't supply the 5V output. The spec sheet also calls for a minimum of 2V higher input than the forward voltage of the LED. But, if it's working for you with 4.8V, I wouldn't worry too much. I think the input requirement is more for the 5V output anyways.