Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Jedi Costume

Thumbs up Mystik's Robes

I've been looking at Mystik's robes since last October myself. She offers free shipping and a money back guarantee no questions asked if for any reason you don't like it. To me, that got my attention. She has an Episode II: AOTC Anakin robe thats just really sweet looking. The most accurate on the market next to the movie version. I wanted that one but decided on a regular one like yours so I can wrap up in it. She has some nice pics on her sight but now that I see what it looks like in a normal room on some body tells me I gotta get one now. I'm from Texas and a native Houstonian myself so I know what the heat is like, 110 in the shade, lol. But that would be so nice to wear in the Autumn and Winter weather. Great looking robe.

seen her listings on ebay before, and the stuff looks well worth the cash.

i mean i made my own robe, and after all the materials and time to make it, i know i spent at least 100 bucks making it. so her robe is a good bargain indeed. i may have to get one myself

Last edited by LAN-ED-TUL; 03-30-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Love those robes man. I need to get some for the wife, and maybe one for me too :P

I ordered a robe from Mystik last year, but I had mixed feelings about it and ended up selling it.

It was better made and more screen accurate (not as much as they claim it to be) than most robes eBay sellers offer.

I didn't like the following about it though:
    -They made it too big for me. I sold the robe to a guy who weighed at least 40 pounds more than me and it fit him well.
    -The fabric they're using is brown jeans fabric. It looks good, but it's thick, hard and really heavy. Not very confortable.
    -No shoulder tucks. I had to pay a local seamstress to add them.

My Mystik robe looked exactly like this guy's:
    http://mystikmerchant.com/JediMC3.jpg
    Notice they made too big for him too. They shoulder length is several inches too long. I wonder if their robes are actually custom made for each customer or they have 3 or 4 sizes they made a few adjustments to.

$120 isn't cheap. If you're willing to spend that much on your robe, it means you want a great one. Mystik's is just OK.
    Last edited by sfer1; 03-30-2008 at 01:05 PM.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Default Robe

I did about a gazillion hours of research on the robe thing.......Screen accurate is a phantom concept...they used different robes for different shots. This includes different fabrics and weights of fabrics.

My robe is 100% wool, weighs about 1,000 pounds and I feel like I am going to spontaneously combust when I wear it and it is not cold. The upside is that it drapes right, it will last and it keeps me warmish when it get cold around the end of October.

The hood looks good, I did bunches of freeze frames on the ROTS and AOTC DVDs to try to get my proportions right. When I did that, I noticed variations in the screen robes.

I really dig the color....mine is a tad bit dark, but then again I was aiming for a bit more brooding Jedi.......

I feel the wife thing......my fabric alone was $85 bucks plus the hours to make it.....mama Jedi was pretty sick of robes by the time it was finished. You have sympathy here brother!

BD
    J.
    TK/TB/ID 8286
    501st Pathfinders Lancer
    Carolina Garrison- 501st Legion
    Blue Ridge Base- Rebel Legion
    BlackDOG across the SW forums galaxy......

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Looks good but Brown jean material? that would be really hard to duel in or move around in. I was going to use a stiff cotton with pleated lining to get the drape affect. Have to be able to move and duel, don't just use for conventions.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I've done a small amount of playing around in it. It's not as hard to move in as you might think. Other than how long it is, I keep tripping in it. LOL
    But that probably explains why, with the exception of Obi-Wan fighting Darth Vader on the Death Star, I've never seen a Jedi keep his robe on for a fight.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ok, so it took longer to get done than I thought, but...

I'm not overjoyed with my tabards or obi. I'm considering getting a set of pleather ones, but have not quite decided yet. As for the Robe, love it. I have not gone out to much in it, but it photographs well, and when in my boots, it's a better fit lenth wise. Larger pix in the thumbnails.

Attached Images Attached Images

That's a sharp costume. Looks great!
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    Ok, so it took longer to get done than I thought, but...

I'm not overjoyed with my tabards or obi. I'm considering getting a set of pleather ones, but have not quite decided yet. As for the Robe, love it. I have not gone out to much in it, but it photographs well, and when in my boots, it's a better fit lenth wise. Larger pix in the thumbnails.
    Really sharp looking Jedi outfit. Nicely done!
    Meanwhile... in another part of the galaxy, later that same day...

http://voya.deviantart.com/gallery/