Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Jedi Costume

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default New Jedi Costume

The fun part about building sabers, ya have to build costumes to go with em.
    I originally put this together just before halloween.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kevin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG]
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...1&postcount=37
    But, I got tired of explaining that black does not mean sith or dark side.

So, I'm over hauling it. I'll post other pix soon, but my latest aquisition is the robe. I need substantial approval from everyone, as it kinda got me in trouble with the wife. anyway, it's a 9 oz heavy cotton. Not quite denim, but similar texture. the hood is EXTREMELY large, as seen in pic 4.
    I have to admit, it's probably a little to heavy for the Texas heat, but it will be very nice in the fall and winter.

Last edited by ArkaiHalon; 03-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Nice! That's a great brown.

Excellent sleeves and the texture & weight of the fabric look really nice.
    My MHS:

Robes look good. I think the weight of the fabric helps them to hang correctly. Light fabric can't hold the correct shape normally. However, if I could wear my kilt throughout the Texas summer, you could wear the robes.
    "Great Warrior? Wars Not Make One Great."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks guys. I'll post more pix as i get farther along in the overhaul.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Very nice! Totally worth the money in my opinion, but remember, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

That color looks good on you! Nice robe, too...where did you get it?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

the robe is from www.MystikMerchant.com
    turns out she's local, so what I ordered Tuesday night was waiting for my yesterday. good prices too (mine was on sale for 100), priority shipping included). It's really well made, and looks like it will hold up very well.

Also, they have several styles of robes and cloaks, including the EpII Ani cloak.

I thought that looked familiar! A few of the Jedi here in the Midwest Base of the Rebel Legion use her stuff, and it looks very well made and worth the money. Sure, it may be a little warm in the summer months, even up here in Michigan, but they are great in the fall/winter/spring when the weather is in the 30's-40's-50's. My mother-in-law did both of mine, but if you can't do that, then $100 isn't a bad price at all. I had to trade some home improvement/handyman work to get mine done!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I was looking at Mystik's stuff myself. I need to replace my homemade robe & i've heard good things about her.
    Nice to know she now has the TCSS nod of approval!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

so far, I'm really happy with it. I love the flow, and the weight is easy to get used to. Just need to get it to soften up a bit.

I'm going to a con next weekend (if anyone is in the DFW area, http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Next-Convention.html
    So I'll have my costume done by then, and will post a report of how it holds up.