Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: For your information

Default For your information

I have been receiving emails from a Darrell Johnson who for some reason has a problem with my saber building and my blades. He has threatened to spread his statements around forums so I decided to save him the trouble of doing it and post them for everyone to see, along with my replies to him:

Johnson
    Hello Mr. Do Clo I'am writing you this letter because I have a friend who recently bought one of your lightsabers and man I have to level with you.....
    The lightsabers you make are very low quality. My 10 year old son could make the same quality as yours. Your sell some for $130 dollars, some times $200 dollars. You need to lower your prices your ripping people off... Your sabers should be sold for no more than 40-50 $ at the most.
    I've seen you use a plumbing tube as a emitter, like come on anyone cAn go to a plumbing store and slap that one.
    And what is with this " Do clo blade" ? Thats not a do clo blade its Polypropylene and corbin film NOT a do clo blade!
    Your sell you blades for like $37 dollars! Now I know your probly trying hard but some people just aren't meant to be Machinists. I have 30 years of metal work and I am barley certified.
    So im not trying to be a total jerk but you need to redo your website and lower the prices because me and a bunch of other people feel that this needed to be done... Its going to get around the forum's eventually so if i were you I would lower your prices.

My Response
    Interesting that you picked out one of the early sabers that was made from
    sinktube with a luxeon III led and a machined aluminum blade holder, those
    sabers sold for around 80.00 and came with a blade. Instead of what you are
    offering which is a static prop. I would like to know what forum that you
    are talking about as I have a good standing on the forums that I belong too.
    I would also like to know what saber that your friend purchased from me as I
    have had no complaints from anyone. I also wonder that since you seem to
    take offense at my blade, have you also confronted other blade makers
    that have made a signature blade?
    To sum it all up I am glad that you have such a talented 10 year old son,
    but if you want to make claims about my sabers then you need to provide some
    details so I can address particular issues

Johnson
    I dont know the name of the saber he bought but it had a plumbing pipe for an emitter, goldish color,apparenly you found it at some plumbing store. he dosent want to give his name because he says he will feel bad ....
    My prop i professionally made son, all yours sabers are either put together from The Customsaber shop or made from a plumbing sink tube which is Maybe $8 at a plumbing store... I offer all my clients to have there saber blade acessable if they would like for NO extra charge! Not 37$ for a blade you can buy for 15$ from a plastic selling store. And don't say you haven't had any complaints from anyone thats a lie , i've been told that a customer of yours sent his saber back to you for a refund because it was low quality.
    I would never buy one of your sabers, your lucky im not selling anymore son or you wouldn't make a dime. So you need to lower your prices your robbing people of there hard earned money. I'm going to look in to the authorities to get them to force you to buy a business license Because im sure you dont have one so please be a fair prson and lower your prices cuz this is going to be spread around eventually..

My Response
    I would like to know just when the last time is that you looked at anything
    that I have sold or built? I had one customer over a year ago send a saber
    back because he didn't like it, and then the guy sat on it for about 5
    months before he got around to sending it back and the saber was poorly
    packed and was broken in shipping so he got his money back from the post
    office from the shipping insurance.
    Everything that I build is machined aluminum not TCSS parts or plumbing
    parts. I would like you to show me an example of a saber that you claim to
    be of low quality that has been built in the last year. Is is possible that
    you have me confused with someone else. I have refunded money to people just
    because they didn't like the saber and the saber was exactly as pictured on
    ebay, so I would like to know how you claim that I am ripping people off.
    As for the price of my blades then you don't have to buy them, if you would
    take the time to add up the materials involved to build a blade then you
    would not say it is out of line, you have a polycabonate tip, plus corbin's
    film and a second film, in case you didn't know they don't give that stuff
    away, besides the sabers that I sell come with a blade.
    Again you do not provide details so that I can address any particular
    problem. If you would like I can provide you with a list of customers that
    are very pleased with their sabers in fact if you would bother to take the
    time to read my feedback on ebay you will see remarks from satisfied
    customers.

Johnson
    There might be some people happy with your sabers but the point is anyone can make up those sabers ANYONE YOU HAVE NO METAL WORK EXPERIENCE . dont try ANd tell me that those blade films cost a lot, your "second" blade film is just gift wrap that you can get free at any grocery store if you ask! then the first is corbin's film costs four bucks and the poly c blade costs 14$can you add that up do clo or do you haver no experience in that either???? 14 + 5= 19$ then we can say you can charge $5 to to assemble it $ 24 not 37$ ! RIP OFF stop lying I saw a saber o yours on ebay with a plumbing peice for the emitter haha you even said it yourself in the ebay add

The only reason your in the saber guild is because you know people, not because of your reputation

so lower those prices
    My Response

Mr Johnson
    I have no idea what you problem is with me as I have never done anything to
    you and since you seem determined to continue to insult me and make threats,
    I would request that you stop now. Also don't bother to respond to this
    email as I will be blocking you from further contact.
    I have given a lot of thought to you and I have decided to save you some
    problems I will be posting your comments on several forums to save you the
    trouble of spreading it around as you threaten to do. Also if you interfere
    with my saber business in any manor I will forward the problem to my
    attorney and the proper legal authorities to take what action that is deemed
    appropriate. I have also printed and filed your emails and the ISP
    information so that you can be contacted by my attorney if the need should
    arise.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Jeebus Don. What a total jerk. There's no way anyone will let "Johnson" black mark your name on the boards.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know that name but I don't remember the alias...

He's stupid. Your sabers are fantastically priced. He knows just enough to make himself look stupid though...

I charge $35 + shipping for the similar (if not exact style) blade you make. As he adds it for the corbin film and blade $14 + $4

THEN! Tips (TCSS are $3.25), a mirror, the inner film, and glues. I buy Weld-on and silicon glue to hold the films. I think it's a darn bargain for my time.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I am sorry that you had/have to deal with that guy, sounds like an idiot. For some reason I can't believe he has "30 years experience" at anything the way he forms sentences... sounds like a punk kid to me.

I agree with your idea of posting the emails on the forums. It lets everyone see both sides as I am sure he was not planning on doing it that way. Good luck Do-Clo, again, sorry you have to deal with idiots
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    I know that name but I don't remember the alias...

He's stupid. Your sabers are fantastically priced. He knows just enough to make himself look stupid though...

I charge $35 + shipping for the similar (if not exact style) blade you make. As he adds it for the corbin film and blade $14 + $4

THEN! Tips (TCSS are $3.25), a mirror, the inner film, and glues. I buy Weld-on and silicon glue to hold the films. I think it's a darn bargain for my time.
    Plus you have to add in some for shipping of the supplies, geez.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Your going to run into people like this from time to time. Here is what I would have done.

First reply..sorry you feel that way.
    2nd reply..there wouldnt be one

Why waste your time trying to argue with someone like this.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I think he's jealous because he can't do it. He said himself that "I have 30 years of metal work and I am barley certified.".

I've seen pictures of your sabers as well and they look great, and you aren't the most expensive saber builder out there. And also: "The only reason your in the saber guild is because you know people, not because of your reputation" is so not true, if you had a bad reputation, then surely you would have no customers.

He probably just wants you to lower prices so much so that he could afford one.

I"m with strength on this one, sounds like some idiot punk who's mother put a limit on his saber budget....otherwise he must be truly insane, if i didn't like a product, i wouldn't complain, i would just shop for something i think is better..... some people just amaze me.....
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Do Clo

First, that guy is a dumbarse. Second, i've drooled over almost every saber you've posted on ebay for the last year. Third, did I mention he was an Idiot.

He obviously has confused you with someone else.

Sorry do clo that happened to you.
    Im with ya.