Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Who Are You? Why Are You Here? a.k.a: Introductions!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I have also been studying martial arts and sword play since I was 7 I have competed in over 50 full contact fights with weapons from staffs to single and dual blades and some sai but not much, and over a 20 full contact fights. Because of a bad break in my hand last year was forced to retire. I have studied 3 of the 7 forms quite fully and have added many technics of my own. But I am always learning and searching for knowledge, power. lol.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

DDD - panama city, is that herbie? What do you do?

Kal-el - curious if you have any vids of your skills, they sound very impressive.

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    DDD - panama city, is that herbie? What do you do?
    Herbie?

hmmm, not sure who or what that is (the Volkswagon Bug that has a mind of its own? hehehe)

I am a radio technician in the Air Force... its a livin.

I also wrestle the fabled giant radioactive space squid on my spare time.

hehehe.

DDD

Talking Ladies and gentlemen...

...greetings and salutations!

My name is Anthony and I am a 35 y/o father of 2 who is another ridiculously talented musician :P and NYC Paramedic. I recently left my last band Zandelle mainly due to time issues, but we've opened for numerous bands(way too many to list but ex. King Diamond, Children of Bodom, UDO, Saxon etc.), and put out 4 albums - 2 internationally distributed while signed to LMP records and one still awaiting release. But enough of that.

I have been a Star Wars fan since I saw the first film in the theatres as a child, and like most others here, was immediately entranced by the lightsaber. I bought my first saber in 2005 a MR LED Vader after pining for one of the original EL versions I saw in Disney. My next 2 sabers were Parks EL sabers, and I recently bought an Ultra Sabers Wraith stunt(pretty cool - bought it just to practice spins without tearing up my hands).

I have contemplated buying an ALW custom, but have recently decided to complete my Jedi training by constructing my own lightsaber - which is what brings me to TCSS. I have almost no experience with wiring, so this ought to be one hell of a good time, and hopefully not too expensive! I am currently reading up on the forums so I can learn as much as possible before I embark on this endeavor. I'll put up pics and post as I go along. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Dark helmet - Sorry to hear about you brother.

Fawnheart - You need to post pics of the Plasma Sword when it's done. I have to see that!

Sohryu - Thx for starting the thread.

I hope to see you all on the boards and maybe meet a few of you in person. May the Force be with you!
    A.
    You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
    And once when you stare death in the face.

-Fleming, after Basho

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

you opened for King Diamond? NICE.

GRANDMAAAAAAAA!!!! SHE WAS TALKING TO THEM!!
    BUT THERE WAS NOBODY THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHERRRRRRREEE!!!

good stuff.

welcome.

DDD

Well I'm not in the old guard when it comes to Sabers but I think I'm firmly in the middle guard now having been posting for a bit under a year.

As a Star Wars fan I am firmly old school having seen first seen it when it opened in San Francisco at the age of 6 and running up a total of 25 theater viewings before home video was a common reality and who knows how many times I rented it until I finally had the vast wealth needed to own a copy of it on tape. Growing up in Marin County the movie was woven into everyday life for me, during Junior high and High school I lived within (a long) bike ride of Skywalker ranch. I used to sell spraypaint and tools to the peeps at ILM. Cult of Lucas has been strong in my life.

These days I consider myself much more a fan of the props and costumes than of the franchise itself, Lucas dropped the ball hard when he did the prequels and though the original movie still has a lot of appeal for me I am far from as obsessed as I could once consider myself.

Anyway, I have given my 'intro story' here before when I joined but that's probably buried now so here it is again:

One hot and dusty afternoon at Burning Man In 2006 I was rudely poked awake and commanded to follow... I found clothes that weren't entirely encrusted with playa and followed my friend grumbling and blinking my eyes.

Barely awake I was handed a pair of sabers and told to start recruiting, to my amazement there was a pile of boxes and a bunch of people getting ready for a fight!

In short, I had the time of my life.

So then I find out that it's back in 2007, bigger than before AND the camp would be within spitting distance of my own (well if you were a very very impressive spitter).

I had to prepare! I unpacked my sabers from last year and despaired, no amount of coaxing would get the LEDs to light and the blades rattled in their thread from the beating they had taken the year before. I needed something better.

My eye went to the Hasbro toys sticking out of the bucket where I keep toys that I can whack my friends with... not good enough! I knew there were nicer ones, I had seen them on the intertubes! My search began anew!

Holy crap these things could get expensive!

With time a-wastin' I decided that the ForceFX was my best value for the money what with time being a factor and all my other projects running over budget. It was not considered a great dueling choice but what the hell!

To shorten this part as well... time of my life. I ruined the blade of my Annakin, converted it to Luxeon, and have been buying parts ever since. A move disrupted my projects but I am almostset up again to start drilling and cutting and have a total of 6 Saber projects in the 'laying about in little baggies' stage and my Annakin and several Joe Jedi sabers I haven't pulled apart yet to scare the cats with and keep me sane till I have a workbench again.

Ah lets see here my name is Sidney but my friends that are SW nuts like me started calling me sidneyious so that stuck as my sith name.

Iam round abouts the age of 24 or 25 years old, I stopted counting/lost track when my grandmother died. We shared the same birthday of september tenth, first in the family to have the same birthday as my grams. Got a couple of cousins that have the same BDay but there not as close to grams as I was.

But anyway Ive been a SW nut ever since I first saw luke light up his saber in rotj when they around them times) first started to show the movies on tv.

My first saber was a hasbro Vader saber which I kept playing with to make the blade go all the way in the plastic hilt but ding that it would never light up again. meh oh well, set it aside and never really messed with it again. Ive been collecting ST action figures and stuff when they brought them back out again when the SE came out. I really want an atst thou. But could never find one so I gave up my search.

But my first real saber was an mhs and it was a horrible failure so now I sold off some parts and my corbin/mr setup and got my brother's CF 2.5 out of the deal.

So now iam spending many sleepless nights trying to design a saber that I know iam not gonna get as board with as I did with my previous mhs.

But I think I settled on a design but still not sure about it.

My saber designs, costume ideas all are part of a story I have in my head which I would love to get made into a book even if Iam the only one that likes it.

So saber design and costume ideas all must be 98% perfect as I will be a walking story.

I got an story/idea for an assassin that well dont want to ruin that one for ya. its gonna be a short story comic book style but sans the comic book, lol!

I would love to eventually get a machined custom of my own brainchild but Ive tossed away literally a million design ideas for various reasons and it also has to fit with the story so everything is gonna be based on my first real project as the first mhs I did was more or less a joke but got me a strong foothold in what Iam doing.

I came to these parts by way of my brother vortextwist cause he was looking at saber stuff, he found some custom places like randomsaber but didnt like that idea. He found this place cause it was more for what he was looking for when it came to making sabers which IMO is the only place that you can go to make custom sabers of your own accord by buying the parts.

So thats how I got here. Pritty boring huh?

I actually took long enought the site timed me out, LOL.

Edit, I forgot to mention that I would like to do a fanfilm thats long. IMO whats the point of doing a fanfim thats 10 to 30 min when you have to do all the work for the blades anyway, Might as well shoot for a hour or so long fan film. That snot to say the ones Ive seen arnt good but I would like to make a fan film movie.

I know alot of work , trials, and tripulations are ahead of me but its all good in teh hood.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 04-08-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Eastern, yes i do still trying to get them on here, I actually have a spar scene with Ray Parks that we did at a comic con in 2005. just trying to figure how to get to my computer lol, i'm a geek but not a computer geek lol. But by the end of the month I will have at least 5 on here of some of the custom forms and some scenes of un scripted fighting.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KALEL View Post
    I actually have a spar scene with Ray Parks.
    Holycrapthatsoundscool... Not to lessen your experience, but I've seen youtube vids of him showing people his moves, and running through some mini choreography - regardless of anyones' skills, it just looks so fun...

now, two professionals? that's a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by DDanDevious View Post

I coach the Roller Derby team here in Panama City, been at that for a year and a half now so im constantly surrounded by crazy girls.

DDD
    Panama City, Florida? That's my hometown. I miss that place...