Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My sith costume

Default My sith costume

Ok so I think I know what I'm going to do for my sith costume. I just bought a black light-weight karate gi off ebay and that is going to be the base for the costume. I'm thinking about getting some dark red fake leather from a fabric store and making the tabards out of that. I haven't looked for boots yet but that will probly be the next thing I look for.
    Now I'm going for something untraditional as to star wars, I going to add leather armor and things. I found some realy cool stuff here - http://www.schmitthenner.com/leatherarmor.htm . Under "Legs - Cuisse/Greaves" I want to get the Scythian War Skirt, (yes it's a skirt but it looks awesome! and I'm part scottish so I can wear it proudly. ) and I'm thinking about the 3/4 Mercenary legs.
    Then for bracers possibly the Rider's Demi guantlets. I'm still looking around for bracers though.
    I don't know if I want anything for a cuirass though. I may get a belt from here but still haven't descided on that either yet.

I'm hoping to get this done by august for the new clone wars movie. I'll probably be the only one dressing up but I don't care, I'm proud! Like sombody here was saying that we aren't any different from football fanatics that paint themselves. I'm trying to help Dacota figure out his costume so hopefully he'll have one too so I won't be the only one.

Coments are welcome and any advice/help is much appreciated.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

if you want some really aggressive, evil looking boots, check out www.stompersboots.com ...... the tuk combat troopers are pure evil, they also have some that look like standard jedi boots in black. they are on the expensive side, but good boots usually are.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Thanks for the link Dark Helmet! I'll definately take them into consideration when the time comes to get the boots. I'm going to wait till I get most of the costume done then I'll find boots to match.

THE BEST BOOTS are motocross boots i swear to god there awesome looking heres a small pick just google black motocross boots or go to a gear website and youll find really crazy ones. and the ones with the embles and logos you can just black out but the buckels and all the straps are insane looking
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree with Darth Relin completely. Buy them used and a little worn and get killer boots for cheap. I'm watching Ebay for a used pair of Icon Field Armor boots.

Thanks Relin and Atomic! I'll go check out some motocross sites.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah no doubt my buddy Er Dan Gill said the same, they really look menacing.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

I was waiting to post cause I wanted to take pics but haven't got around to it yet. But I got my black light-weight karate Gi last week! I got a size 4 since acording to the sizing chart it fit my height and I'm the minimum weight, but it's a little big. The sleeves come down a bit to much to where my hilt might get caught up in it. But I can just hem it up a bit.

Well its best to have something a big big than a big small. I would leave it baggy of sorts. will add a flare when you do some fighting moves.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by 37H4N View Post
    Ok so I think I know what I'm going to do for my sith costume. I just bought a black light-weight karate gi off ebay and that is going to be the base for the costume. I'm thinking about getting some dark red fake leather from a fabric store and making the tabards out of that. I haven't looked for boots yet but that will probly be the next thing I look for.
    Now I'm going for something untraditional as to star wars, I going to add leather armor and things. I found some realy cool stuff here - http://www.schmitthenner.com/leatherarmor.htm . Under "Legs - Cuisse/Greaves" I want to get the Scythian War Skirt, (yes it's a skirt but it looks awesome! and I'm part scottish so I can wear it proudly. ) and I'm thinking about the 3/4 Mercenary legs.
    Then for bracers possibly the Rider's Demi guantlets. I'm still looking around for bracers though.
    I don't know if I want anything for a cuirass though. I may get a belt from here but still haven't descided on that either yet.

I'm hoping to get this done by august for the new clone wars movie. I'll probably be the only one dressing up but I don't care, I'm proud! Like sombody here was saying that we aren't any different from football fanatics that paint themselves. I'm trying to help Dacota figure out his costume so hopefully he'll have one too so I won't be the only one.

Coments are welcome and any advice/help is much appreciated.
    I really dig the bracers on that site. I may need to get some to go with my Jedi custume.