Ok so I think I know what I'm going to do for my sith costume. I just bought a black light-weight karate gi off ebay and that is going to be the base for the costume. I'm thinking about getting some dark red fake leather from a fabric store and making the tabards out of that. I haven't looked for boots yet but that will probly be the next thing I look for.
Now I'm going for something untraditional as to star wars, I going to add leather armor and things. I found some realy cool stuff here - http://www.schmitthenner.com/leatherarmor.htm . Under "Legs - Cuisse/Greaves" I want to get the Scythian War Skirt, (yes it's a skirt but it looks awesome! and I'm part scottish so I can wear it proudly. ) and I'm thinking about the 3/4 Mercenary legs.
Then for bracers possibly the Rider's Demi guantlets. I'm still looking around for bracers though.
I don't know if I want anything for a cuirass though. I may get a belt from here but still haven't descided on that either yet.

I'm hoping to get this done by august for the new clone wars movie. I'll probably be the only one dressing up but I don't care, I'm proud! Like sombody here was saying that we aren't any different from football fanatics that paint themselves. I'm trying to help Dacota figure out his costume so hopefully he'll have one too so I won't be the only one.

Coments are welcome and any advice/help is much appreciated.