Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: GeluKhanGharr's clear blade film

Steve it will take an extra set of hands to roll that film around the tube. That is the only way I have been able to do it.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Crap. I just managed to get it somewhat on the tube, then i realised that i have no rod or tube small enough to go inside with the gift wrap wrapped around it. How small of a rod so you guys use? Since i have to do three rounds, it has to be small enough to go back in when there is gift wrap already in it.

I use a wooden dowel rod, if you are using a 1" blade then 1/2" or 3/8" dowel rod should work.

Do-Clo

Okay. I am gonna need to get one. My dad is at work right now, and he said he would try to find something small enough and bring it home.

One more question. Does seam show at all? My caclulations show that i will have about 7.5 feet of wrap inside the tube. Will a seam show through that much? Since i will have 3 seperate wraps inside, i would end up with something like 6 seams. And i also didn't cut too straight with the scissors.

The may some when you are up close to the blade but it shouldn't be noticable from a distance. If it looks bad just cut some more wrap and try again. A straight edge and a xacto knife will give you a nice clean cut.

Do-Clo

I made a slight miscalculation. I didn't have enough polypropylene for three rounds, but i got in 5 feet of it. It still looks great with my lux flashlight, and even an LED upgraded maglite with a blue color filter lights it up. I haven't tried my actual hilt yet, because it is on the charger.

I haven't tried multiple sheets, but if you just get one long sheet, then the seam is almost invisible, no matter how wobbly you cut it. My advice would be to scater the seams, not align them.
    BTW, did you guys see my comparisson pics here:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=689

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

http://www.illumisabers.com

Yes i did. I even posted in it.