Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GeluKhanGharr's clear blade film

Just got 3 rolls of the clear polypropylene. I went to the florist and she said they can't sell it to me coz they get it on a massive $200 roll. The I went to the news agent and she said "We've got celophane" so I went and had a look - they had a huge pile of the stuff. it says "Non-adhesive covers. Clear Polypropylene 2.0m X 450mm. It was $1.50 per roll. I did take a look at the stuff the florist was using and it was more crinckly and not so smooth and looks like it would be a pain to handle so I'm sure it was different stuff. Anyway - was easier to find than I thought!

Less talk, more action........

News agent?

Are there seams when using this stuff?

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, there tecnically is but in the amounts it's layered it looks silver and you can't tell.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

if you only do a few layers of either the michaels wrap or the thicker polypropylene you will see a seam, but if you layer it sufficiently (without overdoing it, which ends up blocking the light) it would take an exceptionally well trained eye at very close range in the dimmer section to see the seam

Well i just bought a 30" wide roll of 9 feet of clear gift wrap. It says cellophane on the package, and ut still looks chrome like it should. I just picked it up at wal-mart. I am kinda worried about the 30 inch length, but since i am only 5 feet tall, i guess it is proportionate to me[:I]. But do you guys think 9 feet of it inside will do the trick? I am probably gonna roll it around a piece of EMT pipe to get it in the blade tomorrow and test the brightness before i commit and cut the blade down. Wish me luck.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

30' is not a problem. Cut it horizontally in 3 sections. Vadeblade did it with the mylar because the 40" rolls were too expensive.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

I'm not sure what you mean. What will that do? Will it let me keep the long blade? I don't think i want to further complicate things so i might as well just cut down the blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, instead cutting vertically along the roll at 30" cut it along the width and you can get whatever length you need for the blade. You'd just have to put 3 sections of it in there as opposed to one big roll of it. Do it one at a time and it's probably easier.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Okay, i am trying to dow what you said. I cut it too length and it is laying flat on my table. I Can't get it to wrap around the damn pipe. If i hold the two ends of the film tightly down against the pipe, the middle of it sticks out so if i continue rolling it, the middle doesn't go under the tube like it should, but it just catches and crinkles. [!][!]