View Poll Results: This troubleshooting FAQ/Guide helped solve my CF issue...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Thanks Erv, thanks Novastar!

14 77.78%
  • No. Dude... you just bring on the *suck*, N-Star...

4 22.22%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus TROUBLESHOOTING thread...

Blog Entries

Yes. I bridged them with tiny 0603 LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    Yes. I bridged them with tiny 0603 LEDs.
    Did you return the LED to a ground?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Yes, and when I touch a wire from a coin battery negative to the CF ground, and then the positive to the LED positive on the CF, the accent LEDs light up.

Blog Entries

I just tested it again with the coin battery, and three LEDs are lighting up at the same time. Only one should light up. I clearly have some wiring problems. I'm going to detach all the accents and start over again. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Yin could also have a programming problem. Make sure you check the files that controls the accent LEDs
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

So I had my CF wired up. Just added the battery, the speakers and the six and ignition switches. It worked great. Didn’t add any LEDs yet. Just testing. Now. It doesn’t do anything. All the sudden. I didn’t even change anything. I noticed if I attach an LED to the power pins on the board it lights up. But when I attach it to the LED pins on opposite side, nothing happens. No sound overall. Nothing. Boggling my mind...it all worked. Then just didn’t. Help?

Sorry to butt in.
    Not sure if this has been covered, but I seem to have some sort of issue with the CFx.
    I'm all wired up (except LED's) I can change sound fonts, but when I go to power on the board I get a message "diatum cell missing". I'm not sure why its saying I have no power cell.
    So could it be
    Low battery?
    No LED hooked up?
    Switch mode?
    Has this been encountered yet?

Usually, that means it’s a (near) dead battery as I recall.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently looking for the entry in the manual. I seem to recall having read it not sure where. As well I'm charging the battery.

Hey all, I’m in the middle of an install, and seem to have hit a problem. My board doesn’t detect swing sounds. I’ve talked with Erv and he said it is most likely a bad capacitor, and told me how to find it on the board voltage map.
    Only problem is... I’m not sure what exactly the board voltage map is. I had figured it was something in RICE, but for the life of me I can’t find it. Anyone know how to access that?