Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My ancient saber, lots of pics

Default My ancient saber, lots of pics

I always wanted to build an ancient saber, so here it is so far... currently running a lux V cyan,no resistor from a 7.2 V li=ion pack. soon it will be changed to a lux III red-o...I'll update the pics when i get the new color in it

and this was just being silly, my 2 hilts on 1 blade without a tip, the other is a royal blue k2

Last edited by Dark Helmet; 03-24-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Thats awsome,
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I like the beat up/weathered look alot on this one. The switch is placed pretty cool too. Not much chance of accidentally flipping it up to turn it off... good forethought on that one. What pieces did you use for the lower handle such as the pommel and what it's next directly connected to?

thanks, but i just realized i uploaded from the wrong folder,i need to downsize the images and repost....DOH! the led is directly connected to the battery
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 03-24-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Looks like bladeholder 5, sinktube cunnector x2, ribbed section, and style 3 pommel, a 1.25" sinktube for the forgrip and a 1.5" sinktube cut upen and act as a spacer for the clpam/box.
    Very nice design. I like it, unfortunatly my saber design couldent incorporate any of the design.

I like the display idea with the 2 sabers on one blade. Think we can get a clearer pic?

That is a nice saber. Care to enlighten (or point me in the right direction) on the technque used to get the "worn" look.

Please...
    Regaurdless, very nice saber!
    Joe

this is the best i can do with the crappy camera i have... as far as the worn look, it's aluminum black finish, you can get it at gun stores,then covered in varnish to collect dirt. it's also been beaten up a bit too

Looks awesome! Very unique, nice work!

Talking

wow that saber's awesome!!Good job!!I love the weathered look!!

That looks sweet, thanks for the tip on teh antiquing tips.