Thread: 1 battery pack running 2 LED's?

Default 1 battery pack running 2 LED's?

Hi,

I'm thinking of building myself a double bladed saber in the fashion of Exar Kun.

What i'm wondering is if i can get the juice needed to run 2 blue K2 LED's from a pack containing 4aa? Or am i looking at having to use 2 packs of 4aaa to power both?

I'm intending to give both LED's hasbro sound and seperate switches.

Help me TCSS, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasri Deodene View Post
    Hi,

I'm thinking of building myself a double bladed saber in the fashion of Exar Kun.

What i'm wondering is if i can get the juice needed to run 2 blue K2 LED's from a pack containing 4aa? Or am i looking at having to use 2 packs of 4aaa to power both?

I'm intending to give both LED's hasbro sound and seperate switches.

Help me TCSS, you're my only hope!
    Nope... Unless, you came up with a method to multiply poweroutput from the batteries. Which, would make an incredibly difficult task, and would most likely end up in your hands melting.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blazemann View Post
    Nope... Unless, you came up with a method to multiply poweroutput from the batteries. Which, would make an incredibly difficult task, and would most likely end up in your hands melting.
    What?

Neither situation you mentioned is ideal but it can run it, just not very long.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

4 AAA non-rechargeable will get you 6V and 4 AAA rechargeable will get you 4.8V. A blue K2 only needs 3.6V to run so running a single K2 is not a problem. If wired in parallel, you can still run 2 K2s from 4.8V or 6V but you will have half the runtime of a single K2. My son has a saber that runs a green Lux 3 with a 4 pack of rechargeable AAA cells and it gets about 1 hour 15 minutes runtime (direct drive). If I were to try and run 2 LEDs from that same pack, I'd only get about 35 minutes of runtime. Your runtime will be different since you would be using the Hasbro circuits. If you have the room, then I would go with two packs.