Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS Blade Holder question

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default MHS Blade Holder question

Does a MHS Blade Holder come with a blade retention screw? Or do I need a
    8-32x 1/2" thumb screw for it?

You will need to purchase a screw, drill and tap the hole.

I use 10-32 grub screws. You could use 8-32, lot of folks do.

Depending on your blade holder, there may be a "good place" to put the retention screw, and possibly, a "bad place".

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can get Tim to drill and tap the hole for you to. Just look under services in the store for the price.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Excuse the thread hijacking, but this is a related question. Is it a good idea to have more than one blade retention screw for added stability or is one good enough? I am thinking about maybe having three in an equilateral triangle arrangement on my blade holder. Any reasons why this would be a good or bad idea?

if you are gonna be doing some heavy dueling with a saber i would use 2 usually in same spot one rgt under the other ....that the way ive done it with dueling sabers in the past ...i wouldnt triangle them at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    Excuse the thread hijacking, but this is a related question. Is it a good idea to have more than one blade retention screw for added stability or is one good enough? I am thinking about maybe having three in an equilateral triangle arrangement on my blade holder. Any reasons why this would be a good or bad idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    if you are gonna be doing some heavy dueling with a saber i would use 2 usually in same spot one rgt under the other ....that the way ive done it with dueling sabers in the past ...i wouldnt triangle them at all
    One is enough, any more is just excessive.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

The bladeholders are a really snug fit with 1" blades. Unless you swing the saber really hard you won't be able to get the blade out without pulling it out even WITHOUT a screw. 1 is enough .

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

This might seem counter intuitive, but adding more than one screw will actually make the blade LESS secure.

Oh I get it. Its because you're pushing the blade off of the walls of the bh, i.e it has no support anymore.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Right. It doesn't have the whole length of the opposite side of the blade holder to get pressed against, like with a single screw. With multiple screws, you've only got the tips of the screws themselves holding the blade.

Two screws, one below the other, is not necessary.

All you need to do is check the tightness of the screw periodically, if you're doing a lot of dueling.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!