Thread: Mask Making?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

why the hell are thye even selling that for $20 and why do thye even say its over priced?????

These are $45 and come in a variety of (military) type colors. There is a solid black and a green that could work as a base for anything. They don't have a website yet, but here's an airsoft thread:

http://ampair.net/e107_plugins/forum...opic.php?33360

First make a plaster cast of your own head. Slap on some clay and shape it to how you want your mask to be. Add the details, then mold it with plaster. Then apply latex. If you want to go that route. But if you want something hard. Carve the mask out of clay, get a silicon mold, and cast it in fiberglass.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Leather is also a good option. Search online for a tutorial on how to make the mask that Slipknots guitarist Mick used to wear. You just make the changes you want and then put itt together. An old buddy of mine made my mask so I don't know where to find the pattern but I'll keep an eye out for you.
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a View Post
    First make a plaster cast of your own head. Slap on some clay and shape it to how you want your mask to be. Add the details, then mold it with plaster. Then apply latex. If you want to go that route. But if you want something hard. Carve the mask out of clay, get a silicon mold, and cast it in fiberglass.

Yeah thats it in a nut shell. I used an manquin head and slap some clay on the head and sculpt or desin, get some dragonskin from smooth-on and some of their plastie shell, build up the dragonskin in layers until you get a least a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch once it dries completely ( let each layer dry in between) put on the plastie shell to give the dragonskin support let dry them remove the shell then remove the mold (dragonskin) and their you have it a perfect negative mold of your sculpt the you can use plaster or fiberglass and resin or a rotocast type of resin to make your copy I hope this helps also get a good mould release spray from smooth-on
    Sith Happens

that leather idea is perfect if i can get it to work right and probily the cheaper and easier route and it will give a good textor.