View Poll Results: With or without neck section?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • with the thin neck "choke point" section.

49 64.47%
  • without the thin neck "choke point" section.

27 35.53%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: MHS Obi Wan

It's now a real beauty

Congrats on your saber Chaos, I think we're all enjoying it as much as you are.

Maverick

that is one of the coolest saber replicas i have ever seen!!!

Awesome bud. beautiful

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    That is very nice. (I completely copied it, except I am waiting for an MHS "radiator" to finish it.) Thanks VERY much for the inspiration, oh yeah, and the neck design!
    What's a MHS radiator? Is that custom work? If so, can we see pictures when it's done?
    Last edited by DizzyKungFu; 07-21-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait to finish this but hopefully I'll get the wiring finished this weekend.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyKungFu View Post
    What's a MHS radiator? Is that custom work? If so, can we see pictures when it's done?
    The part he's referring to was originally a radiator on a Browning gun (It used to be though of as a "gear" of some sorts until the correct part was found). That part is below the clamp and above the sink knob.

He's waiting for an MHS version of it which Tim said he was making in another thread. Chaos took it into his own hands and used a replica piece which is meant for static props. It's still hollow so I guess your mileage varies on whether waiting is worth it, or perhaps the increased accuracy trumps that too.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

sorry i'm so late to post chaos, but I've been at a wedding in PA all weekend.

that's 'effin beautiful dude!

now u got me wanting to make one!
    as brilliant and concise as the above post is, it won't save you any money on car insurance.

Damn. I disappear for a while and this happens!?! Kudos!!!

I like the choke point, I have the same setup in Proto3A and the "ball" section of the choke point is both my center of gravity AND a great hand hold for spins. I also like the look better. But then again, my favorite is a hilt length like Proto3A and a 30" viewable thin walled blade. Balance is sooooo good with that and the blade is so sturdy and bright!
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Well Its finally finished. Go and check the pics out in the gallery.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...4901#post94901