View Poll Results: With or without neck section?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • with the thin neck "choke point" section.

49 64.47%
  • without the thin neck "choke point" section.

27 35.53%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Obi Wan

Question MHS Obi Wan

As I’ve mentioned before in another post, awhile back, I’m making a MHS based Obi wan lightsaber. It’s going to be a mix between his ROTS and ANH sabers.

I’ve had most of the parts for it for months but I was waiting for the ribbed extension v-grooved section to be back in stock so I could have all the parts. They were back in stock last week so I placed an order and it arrived yesterday. (Another fast shipment, it was only sent out on Monday. Remember I live in the UK so that was pretty fast!)

Now I have all the parts and before I go ahead and get them anodised/painted/powder coated I need people’s opinions on whether to use the thin neck "choke point" section.

With the neck piece it looks more like the obi wan but it looks a bit long and out of proportion. Without it the length is fine but less like the actual saber.

Heres some pics.

First the renderings with and without the neck piece. This is the colour scheme am going with.

Second the actual saber with and without the neck piece.

Heres a pic of both ROTS and ANH sabers just for comparison.

So what you guys think?

I think you should go with the first one. Yea, it does look a bit bulky and long but it looks closer to what it should be than with no neck. The second one looks like it was beheaded and had his head glued back on. haha.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

I'm torn. I like smaller sabers but I really like the look of it with the choke point in the rendered version with all the coloring applied.

Such a shame that you can't do both.

I voted for teh choke section. If it's a replica you're trying to make, then haveing the choke section would be more accurate, plus, the colouring on the version with the choke looks better than the version without.

Which one feels most comfortable to you though?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The choke looks closer to the mark for doing a replica.

But, like Tom mentions, it ultimately matters on what you find more comfortable.

I'm with Tom and Arkai, the neck really does make it look closer to the replica

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Thanks for the input people. It does feel better with the thin neck, plus it makes it alot easier to spin with.

I'll leave it a couple of days and see what other poeple say and then I'll let you know what I decide.

I vote FOR the thin neck...yes it is a weeeee bit out of proportion but imo that difference is a lot less noticeable than the complete absence of the section would be on an Obi saber...its the difference between "something isnt QUITE perfect" and "something is MISSING...". I know which I'd rather choose.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okies, vote of dissent. The choke point makes it too long.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Youngling

It's a tricky one - I voted to go with the choke point - it looks more like the prop that way, especially as the ROTS is a bit elongated from the ANH one, - this just takes it a bit further again(!).

Seriously think it will look good and I've seen more examples of Obi/Luke style hilts like the second one but not yet seen one with the narrow choke section.

And if it feels good as well? It sounds like you're leaning towards the first design...