Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: COSTUME PICTURES

well i did use your pic, and just pointed out the areas i made mods to mine. and i slapped pics of what i got that went there. the dude i got mine from was russels replicas. hes outta the UK.

i know, i just havent got any pics yet of mine, i will i will.

the one i got from the dude on ebay was both a metal backplate, powder coated black then clearcoated 3 times. the flat part of the front side is one piece machined with slots laser cut. then the round circle is machined and on the back, part of it makes a bolt going back in the center. he drilled a hole thru both the flat and the backplate. and the circles bolt goes thru the flat part then the backplate, and the the belt, ya have to poke a hole, and held with a nut.

i didnt like the fact the bolt is off to the one side leaving no anchor to the belt on the right. so as i said, i ended up usin the old plastic rubies backplate, new one was too wide to fit the cod recess. i used a big flat washers on the backside and i also cut off the bolt when tightened down of the extra stickin out past the nut.

i then thought, i have these 4 holes in the belt thats covered up by the new buckle, but its not secure against the right side. so i used a black wire tie and poked it in the slot that lined up with the holes top and bottom on right side. i then pulled it up tight, poking the wire down good inbetween the slot, then twisted it up tight in back, cut off excess, and there ya go, good ans secure on both sides. and the neat thing is, unless you get within 2 to 3 inches of the belt buckle, you cant see that wire at all.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xhypnauticx

hey juice, i you got your costume from ebay right>??? i think we bought it from the same guy. i have the same exact costume except my cloak is different.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

NOPE! my niece is a fashion designer and she made it for me.
    I did get the boots and belt from ebay.

well that voice amp kit is on its way. if im lucky i might get it working before that benefit and be able to fit it in helmet.

Well here are the only 2 decent pics I have of my costume:

My wife made the Robe, Tunic, Obi and Pants, I bought the Pouches and Energy Capsules off E-Bay and bought the boots at Corona Ren. Faire. I still need the correct Belt and the L.Saber Hilt is one of the First El Blades I made baised off the Big Yellow Box Design with most of the parts from Tim.
    May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Hey vamphunterx,
    Is that an prototype R2 droid behind you.

Ed

looks like a kerosene heater to me.

Lan's right, its a kerosene heater

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Hey, it's kind of coincidental that the boots I bought to give me a slight heighth increase, so I could be closer to Vader's actual height, are on that webpage with your posted costume vamphunterx [8D]

Today I found a belt clip for the saber, for the Vader costume also!!!
    Now all I need is a sheath for the Poly C blade, so I can carry it with me hidden, while the saber is not "in use".[8D]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

Hey, it's kind of coincidental that the boots I bought to give me a slight heighth increase, so I could be closer to Vader's actual height, are on that webpage with your posted costume vamphunterx [8D]

Today I found a belt clip for the saber, for the Vader costume also!!!
    Now all I need is a sheath for the Poly C blade, so I can carry it with me hidden, while the saber is not "in use".[8D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A lot of dedicated convention goers make a long pocket in the robe to store a blade/blades. I'd put it in the back so the weight helps stop the billow from getting to big.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>