Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally going to get started on my new MHS

Default Er Dan Gill's new MHS

A few weeks ago I started a thread in the gallery about a possible new saber.

I originally started with this render using Arkai's MHS parts:

Then MaverickJsmith rendered it again for me:

And mostly Tim but a few others helped me make it a reality:

The MHS parts are powder coated in white, save for the grooves on the double threaded hilt #4. The pc is very well done as well. I am very pleased the way it came out. If you are unsure about it, don't be, worth every penny I think. I did change the pommel for a simpler one as I want the focus of this saber on the shroud and grip area. I also have a new 4.8 volt rechargeable pack, a Lux 3 royal blue, MR Luke ROTJ sound board, a King of Parts clamp and computer strip. Not sure exactly what I'm gonna use for the black are but I have a few options. I also ordered this aluminum tube, not sure how well it will work, as this will be my first time using this product. But even with the powder coating it fits the MHS very well. As always thanks for looking, Er Dan.
    Last edited by Er Dan Gill; 11-14-2010 at 04:37 PM.

That has got to be one of the sharpest looking saber hilt ive seen , love the white PC , polished aluminum , shroud shape... well ok i love everything. great design.

Can't wait to see it finished, awesome design!

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Thanks for the compliments guys

Woo go Er Dan, glad to see you finally making it!

Keep it up with posts and pictures man

The PC is nice! That saber is gonna look so cool when it's done! Can't wait for pics.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Unusual choice of PC, but really works.

Nice one!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Aye, love the white and how the main hilt piece is striped. Very cool, definitely makes me wanna try the PC thing. Epoxy appliance spray paint is starting to tick me off lol.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Hey everybody thanks for all the compliments.
    Just a quick update, the MR Luke ROTJ sound board I had wanted to put in ended up being too long and tall to fit. So I swapped boards with my sons saber, for the Obi sound card, fitment was much better

Also please don't laugh, but this was the first time I tried building a "chassis" for the battery pack and sound board. I tried using a 1.25" sink tube first and it ended up not turning out like I wanted. So I ran over to my LHS, and bought some sheet styrene, and cut a strip long enough to act as a shelf for everything to sit on. I also found a quick disconnect with three leads on it so I can disconnect the recharge port incase I ever need to disassemble the hilt. Any way here's a pic.

Thanks for looking Er Dan.
    Last edited by Er Dan Gill; 11-14-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Not bad Er Dan. I kinda like that. It insulates and it's lightweight. Does it seem strong enough to be slid in and out of a hilt a few times without breaking?
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!