Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me what Bin my Cyan Lux 3 and Blue Lux K2 is?

Default Can anyone tell me what Bin my Cyan Lux 3 and Blue Lux K2 is?

Hi, can anyone tell me what Bin #'s i got?

The numbers in the back of the Cyan says :

S1HC 0001121
    2306LXHLLE3C

My Blue K2 has the numbers

PB14
    N1L

I like these color and want to know for future reference when I order again thanks

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The cyan is a bin 1 which is the cyan most people want.

The k2's are not assembled by luxeon in a star format exept for white and I dont think those numbers tell what bin they are but I could be wrong.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yep...
    like me... Im looking for a Cyan Bin 1 at the moment...
    right now, I'd take anything that looked bluish green... any luck with a Bin 4 or lower, Strydur?

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The cyan is a bin 1 which is the cyan most people want.

The k2's are not assembled by luxeon in a star format exept for white and I dont think those numbers tell what bin they are but I could be wrong.

bin 4 it would be greener than blue. bin2 is the highest bin one should go for a cyan.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Its a crap shoot on what I get..anything I get above a bin 2 becomes a green.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Sohryu, what Tim is saying is simply that you cannot "control" the bin number when you purchase an LED. It's sort of like when you buy a bunch of bananas or oranges or what not. Some are "perfect", while others are just "ok".

The only way to "control" the bin number would be to purchase MOUNTAINS of LEDs all at once (say, 1000) from a company, and when making the purchase, request bin "X". At that point, they could probably control it and give you what you want.

But for small/medium businesses like Tim's (or Corbin's when he was his own thing... or Erv's currently)... it's pretty tough to get such specific results.

One thing is for certain... if you get a SWEEEEEET green or cyan or whatever... be thankful!! I know I was for the green Flange III saber...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Oh I know what Tim is saying...
    He already told me in an e-mail about the issues with unbinned LEDs...
    but doesnt mean one wont just pop in there

Im just waiting for him to get some LEDs finally back in that he will be ok with calling Cyan... he pulled the entire color because they are all green...
    so once he gets one he considered Cyan... I'll be buying it! or two... I do need a V and a III afterall

Tim's been great so far with all my noob questions... all you guys have... (my first two posts dont count by the way)

so I'm glad to be here with ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Sohryu, what Tim is saying is simply that you cannot "control" the bin number when you purchase an LED. It's sort of like when you buy a bunch of bananas or oranges or what not. Some are "perfect", while others are just "ok".

The only way to "control" the bin number would be to purchase MOUNTAINS of LEDs all at once (say, 1000) from a company, and when making the purchase, request bin "X". At that point, they could probably control it and give you what you want.

But for small/medium businesses like Tim's (or Corbin's when he was his own thing... or Erv's currently)... it's pretty tough to get such specific results.

One thing is for certain... if you get a SWEEEEEET green or cyan or whatever... be thankful!! I know I was for the green Flange III saber...
    They should pool their resources maybe add Ultra in there too... and buy a 1000 Bin of Cyan... and split them 250 each... (I use the number you gave me loosely since i dont think any of us know what quantity you have to order for that) and the overall suggestion is just made in jest

maybe you could go with the filtered white option?

I had the same problem when I wanted orange. I got a red-orange... way more red then orange. Then I got an amber (yellow-orange??) wich is way more orange then amber or yellow.

However, my 2 cyan lux III are cyan. one is a known bin 1 - still never used. the other one I believe is a bin 2 and has been in my saber for a while before it got converted to cree Q5 with yellow filter (see avatar).

all to say, sometimes what you want now ain't what you'll want later, and there might be other alternatives.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers