Thread: Conversion for a el to a luxeon?

Question Conversion for a el to a luxeon?

I'm new to the club and was wondering what do i need to convert my Korbanth Luke ROTJ el saber to a Luxeon. If someone can Let me know what to buy piece by piece that would be great. Also anything I need to know on converting it.

Thanks, Jedi Lucis

I've never seen a Korbanth saber, actually, this is the first time I've heard of one, but I'm just about finished converting my lightech viper defender from EL to LED. I'd recommend starting by measuring the ID (inner diameter) of your saber. Most sabers are 1.25" ID and TCSS has plenty of blade holders to fit that size. Also invest in a DIY Luxeon kit, and if you want effects like the blade extension a 3w corbin driver, (also available on TCSS) is a decent start. If you decide to add sound (which I highly reccomend) you'll have several options. The cheapest of these being taking the sound/clash board out of a Hasbro saber. next in line would be an MR sound board followed by the Ultrasound 2.0 and finally the Crystal Focus, which combines sound and optical effects.

Hey Jedi Lucis,

Please post pics of your Korbanth saber. I suspect it is a custom ROTJ made by Parks for Sith Planet (very nice stuff). Let's see some pics of the inside of it. How much can you take it apart? They can be converted (I've seen them) but it's not very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Lucis View Post
    I'm new to the club and was wondering what do i need to convert my Korbanth Luke ROTJ el saber to a Luxeon. If someone can Let me know what to buy piece by piece that would be great. Also anything I need to know on converting it.

Thanks, Jedi Lucis

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Um, he hasn't logged in here since March 26th and only ever made the one post.

When a thread or post is this old, try looking at the person's last log in date before answering a question that they may never see the answer to.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Or asking him a question that you may never get the answer to.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!