Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Jedi (lightsaber construction Kit) Multi color Modification

Great! After finaly understanding it, it is now fully operational! Thanks, Grayven!

You are welcome. Sorry for the long delay to respond.

Grayven

Now... Onto the actual modding...

Question's Number One:
    Does the R-B-G switch even do anything any more? And if yes, does it have to be turned to a certain color if, on the slider, you change the sounds?

Question's Number Two:
    On which wire is the Resistor Placed? Is it the Red to LED? And if so, would it work if put on the common for the LED?

Question's Number Three:
    Is the resistor 3.0K Ohms or 3.0 Ohms? And also what voltage.

I know I have been almost interrogating you, but you did great here, and I do not want to accidently screw up on the $75 that I rarely have free.

It's all good, I don't mind helping it just may take some time, sometimes.

Question's Number One:
    Does the R-B-G switch even do anything any more? And if yes, does it have to be turned to a certain color if, on the slider, you change the sounds?
    Yes the main switch does two things. First it changes the sound from sith to jedi. Second it switches where the power comes from for the LED. The only two position that will work is teh R and B.
    The second switch that will be added is to switch the power from the Red or Blue lead comming from the factory LED conector output to the dipswitch.

Question's Number Two:
    On which wire is the Resistor Placed? Is it the Red to LED? And if so, would it work if put on the common for the LED?
    The resister need to be on the LED red lead from the Dipswitch. You only want to resist the Red LED.

Question's Number Three:
    Is the resistor 3.0K Ohms or 3.0 Ohms? And also what voltage.
    It is a 3 ohm 2 wat resister.

grayven

Has anyone tried this with a TCSS blade?? Bought a kit but wondering if it will work with a 34 to 36" thin walled blade. I think that polyprop rolled inside should help with the eveness of the light but how bright is it? Is it brighter when you have it switched so at least 2 of the leds are lit?? I know it's no LUX III but is it worth tring to get a blade if it's going to be really dim..??

I really want to modify mine and put it into something..Custom made hilt,TCSS hilt etc.

Well I did this myself...Just so everone knows ther's not much difference between the stock 616 blade and a 36" thinwalled blade from TCSS. My blade has dual corbin film and 6 feet of cellophane and there really wasn't a great difference although it's better than the short blade that comes with the sw-616 kit.

It may be a bit brighter if you do the conversion since multiple colors would be lit at the same time.

I have an update. I have been working with some new rotary switches for this conversion and have a winner. It's a 8 position 3 pole rotary switch. Also there is a stock made hole just on the underside of the plastic core (opposite of the RGB and on/off push button) where the rotary switch fits perfectly. This same hole can be used as a template to drill the hole in the aluminum core so the switch is accessible from under the cosmetic pieces. I really like this setup. This ones for you Novastar.
    Here are the pics.

Grayven

You rock brutha Grayven... Robodragon is unstoppable it seems--the bloody RGB FORCE is with him!!

That is awesome to hear about the rotaries... I did indeed get your messages about those, so they definitely sounded promising. And now that I see these photos, I'm glad it worked out with sizing and certain stock-manufactured holes.

I say this (along with your first set of tutorials) is going to a great one for the saber history books!

Now we just have to hope that the bloody MRFX "Joe Jedi" sabers don't get totally re-done or phased out thanks to this whole "Hasbro taking over the LFL license" thing.

Great job, and my thanks to you!!! Don't forget, yer gettin' a free CD for this, hehehe.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

as far as I understood it.. the 'Joe Jedi's' are already phased out.

Radio Shack has them listed as 'In Store Only' purchases....

and even though the factory lists having 3500k+ in stock.. they can not be ordered or shipped not even as gift items..(drop shipped from factory)

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    You rock brutha Grayven... Robodragon is unstoppable it seems--the bloody RGB FORCE is with him!!

That is awesome to hear about the rotaries... I did indeed get your messages about those, so they definitely sounded promising. And now that I see these photos, I'm glad it worked out with sizing and certain stock-manufactured holes.

I say this (along with your first set of tutorials) is going to a great one for the saber history books!

Now we just have to hope that the bloody MRFX "Joe Jedi" sabers don't get totally re-done or phased out thanks to this whole "Hasbro taking over the LFL license" thing.

Great job, and my thanks to you!!! Don't forget, yer gettin' a free CD for this, hehehe.

Default rotary

Where did you get the rotary switch from?