Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Joe Jedi (lightsaber construction Kit) Multi color Modification

Ah, instead of using the dip, just wire em in for each color. Sorry if that's a repeat, but I gotcha now.

Call me stupid, but I'm here to learn, any pics of a pot wired in? It helps to have a visual aid.

Default simple

with out all of what you did can i just cross the red and blue wiers and conect to the blue lead please help i would love a purple blade on my saber and i have this one the lightsaber construction kit thanks

Crossing wires isn't exactly what you'd want to do... Nor is it something I'd recomend anyone randomly trying to do either.

First, are you looking for a Purple blade all the time? If this is the case you'd basically need to bypass the blade selection switch all together, then Run power to the red and blue LED's at the same time. This may not give you the desired purple, many say that Red tends to overpower the blue quite a bit. At this point you'd also need to add a resistor to the red to "tone it down" some.

As for the Technical specs, I would recommend reading up on basic electronics before attempting something like this.
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

hi guys, i just tried the mod and got problems........
    the sound board and crash sensor all wor fine but i aint gettin no lights.

what could be the issue......anyone ....ppplllease!!

i put u 3k res on the red (bought the wrong one from the shop!), would this effect all the colours?

also ime using thicher wire than you, would this be a cause?

(total newb!)
    sory for being a pain in the arse
    Last edited by Valgard Telash; 05-17-2009 at 01:09 AM.

nevernind guys.......stupid me got the negatives mixed up

dam i feel like a fool!

ok where did you get that 3 pole 8 position switch? i cant seem to find it on the link you sent
    ty in advance

grayven

What is the part number of the rotary switch you got from Allied Electronics? I am trying to convert my saber to a selectable RGB. Also how do you connect the switch, can you show me a schematic?

Thanks,

JM33

I just purchased a pre-modded one on ebay for my son for xmas, dip switches on each color with a potentiometer on the red. It was by FAR the biggest hit this year, he will not let it out of his hand. His sister got the Hasbro Clone Wars build your own kit, that was originally going to be his gift but I had a hard time finding one so happened to order both just to make sure one of them arrived. Wow, what a piece of junk the Hasbro one is compared to the Joe Jedi (I will be looking up mods for the Hasbro next ).

I'm wondering though if there is a recommended replacement for the blade to get brighter and more even distribution of the light. Thanks!

Im not sure if a replacement blade will help on brightness..usually thats the LED's job..

however.. proper diffusion may help with that somewhat.. I know it will for sure help with a more even blade look.