Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Jedi (lightsaber construction Kit) Multi color Modification

www.alliedelec.com I will find the part numver later and post it.

Grayven

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    as far as I understood it.. the 'Joe Jedi's' are already phased out.

Radio Shack has them listed as 'In Store Only' purchases....

and even though the factory lists having 3500k+ in stock.. they can not be ordered or shipped not even as gift items..(drop shipped from factory)
    Whoa! You seem to be quite right! Shows you how much I'm following those bloody things. lol

Hmm... I wonder what happens to ALLLLLLLL those unbought FX sabers (both the old and the new). What a shame if they are all destroyed or just locked away in some warehouse.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

hey NS-

from what I gathered.. most of those numbers (or so Ive been told) are broken & returned sabers...

as for the other inventory no clue.. several Radio Shacks promised the world.. but when I show up to actually order.. the computer never seems to actually allocate the number of items for the purchase to the order... (if anyone tries.. tell them to try it as a gift purchase)

so they were also reduced to only $35 bucks.. worth that lone if you dont have a decent sound card.. and the switch boxes are a killer find.

just curious.....

has anyone tried any exterior modifications to the slide-on pieces, e.g. to get rid of the plastic parts? would love to be able to get this baby to full-metal with a lower profile. atm it kinda feels like a huge flashlight.
    Last edited by CorellianBada**; 06-08-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Corellian,

If you take all the stuff off, you can slip a 1.5" sink tube over it. then you'll have an all metal hilt. You can decorate it s you like.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

The 1.5" sink tube works great with some vinyl wrapped around the bare hilt. I'm working on a couple for my wife's Sith witch thing with the tube cut out to show the black and red vinyl beneath. As silly as it sounds, I glued a 6mm airsoft BB to the trigger switch and just wrapped the vinyl over it. Makes a slight bump that you can easily hit to turn it on without using those HUGE switch pieces the set came with. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get both of them done to my satisfaction.

One question on the build a saber kits. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the sound board? I'm using one in my new saber (as soon as the parts get here from TCSS...placed my order today for some MHS parts and such to build my first custom ) and was wondering what the best way to wire it would be. I figured I could just hook it up and ignore everything except the sound and effects parts, but if there is a better way, I'm all ears.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamX View Post
    The 1.5" sink tube works great with some vinyl wrapped around the bare hilt. I'm working on a couple for my wife's Sith witch thing with the tube cut out to show the black and red vinyl beneath. As silly as it sounds, I glued a 6mm airsoft BB to the trigger switch and just wrapped the vinyl over it. Makes a slight bump that you can easily hit to turn it on without using those HUGE switch pieces the set came with. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get both of them done to my satisfaction.

One question on the build a saber kits. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the sound board? I'm using one in my new saber (as soon as the parts get here from TCSS...placed my order today for some MHS parts and such to build my first custom ) and was wondering what the best way to wire it would be. I figured I could just hook it up and ignore everything except the sound and effects parts, but if there is a better way, I'm all ears.

Arm on fire has a great set of pix posted, they helped me a lot! Here is the link, good luck! http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=4252&page=5;)
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thanks for the link (and thanks to Arm for the diagram). I looked all over for one (on this site and other places), but just couldn't find it. Never thought to look in a thread about a custom saber :P.

This should help a lot.

Hello There and Thx Graven for all the explinations, I finally found the time to get back to this project, I really like the Rotary Switch Design and offically they don't even list these Sabers on the Radio Shack Page anymore, before you could still seach which store had them.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Hey there GForce, long time no hear...

I just received some of these RGB 616s today, so I'll see what they look like and feel like in person... I'm not expecting much, hahahah! Not from the hilt parts, and certainly not when the 900ma is being split three ways!

But... my aim is to maybe boost the current a tad and throw a single color at the thing, trying to shoot for 1000ma or 1200ma with... you know, whatever LED is "happy" with that kind of current. I've no need for a color-changer when it will simply be dim!

Also... probably some fix-ups or sink tube "protection" if need be!!!

Finally, to replace the blades with thin-walled, mirror-tipped, "ultra/gelu"-style film and see how we look from there!

All this, thanks to GRAYVEN, who has courageously taken on the arduous and insane task of helping me get this done for seven or so of these things!!! Wish us luck... as Han would say: "Yer gonna need it!"
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide