Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: drth maul question

Default drth maul question

I have a converted maul saber from TCSS and the bulb is burnt out. The pins to release the inside are not present and have looked at the tutorial on how to modify it. How do I get inside of it to change the bulb?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Change the bulb? It's not an incandescent bulb with a filament that will burn out after a relatively short while, it's an LED, which should last a long time.

If it burnt out, then your saber's probably got some kind of problem that caused it. You need to figure out what that is, if someone can help you get it apart, and tell you what to look for/at.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Prob a loose wire. Dude you need help!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Hey! No loose wire jokes.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

Default drth maul

There are no pins located outside the hilt to remove the electronics, no retention screw to remove the blade, it just slides in and out. There seems to be a thin piece of metal inside the top of the hilt to hold the blade in, and who did the conversion why The Custom Saber Shop did so if anything is messed up it was not me. No blame is being placed, but I was told this was the place to go to get answers. 1st, let me say don't talk down to me, I'm not an idiot. 2nd, I know it's not a light bulb, "big blue", it's a single LED. If you don't know how to get inside the saber to fix it don't reply. I don't like my time wasted with 3rd grade jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    There are no pins located outside the hilt to remove the electronics, no retention screw to remove the blade, it just slides in and out. There seems to be a thin piece of metal inside the top of the hilt to hold the blade in, and who did the conversion why The Custom Saber Shop did so if anything is messed up it was not me. No blame is being placed, but I was told this was the place to go to get answers. 1st, let me say don't talk down to me, I'm not an idiot. 2nd, I know it's not a light bulb, "big blue", it's a single LED. If you don't know how to get inside the saber to fix it don't reply. I don't like my time wasted with 3rd grade jokes.
    Wow. 2 posts and an attitude already. Okay...

I'd say go and look at the MR Conversion thread to see how a MR Maul comes apart, but it's wasting my breath. Nobody reads anymore. Nobody seeks knowledge on their own - they just expect it spoon-fed to them.

Did you think that the reason you were "talked down to" or "treated like an idiot" is because your post made you come across as such? You gave no indication of any prior search for information, and what info you did provide was vague. Instead, you march on in here and expect the rest of us to do your work for you. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Way to go, Mr. Internet Tough Guy. Way to alienate people from the foremost informational boards on LED lightsabers. I think you just crapped in your own nest.

Look I have researched from here to the outer rim, asked questions till I'm blue in the face, but nothing I have read has indicated the problem I have encountered. I am not trying to be a jerk, but when your told you need help, or that I do not know it is a LED light, that burns me. I am sorry to those that mistook my post as harsh, and I have posted more than twice. I have followed all the rules and never talked down to anyone. I am just a new-be trying to seek guidance from those that can help. All that needed to be said was "more info dude", or "send pics" not that other stuff. I have been patient w/ all for a year now, and am sorry to all for any offensive remarks. Thank you for setting the record straight w/ me. I will be more cautious in the future.

If you got the saber at TCSS maybe you need to talk to Tim about it. However, I was not aware that TCSS sold converted MR sabers. Could you have gotten it at Ultrasabers?

The problem could be anything from a short to a burnt out LED to a battery. I would not recomend fixing it yourself if you don't even know how to get inside the thing. Talk to the people you brought it from.

If you need help with the disassembly etc you need to do a search on this forum. There are disassembly posts for every MR in there.

As far as I know, Tim doesn't sell and never has sold converted sabers. He sells parts and pieces. I've been at TCSS a LONG time, and I've never seen it.

Where did you buy this saber from?

Could it be that what you are referring to as "built by TCSS" is in fact only the blade/LED holder in the saber? I'm willing to bet it is. Likely, someone used the TCSS blade holder and then did the electronics conversion themselves.

If you're having problems, then it could be anything. If you let us know who you bought it from (if it was ebay - who was the person selling it), we may be able to tell you what to do next.

Right now, it's impossible to troubleshoot a saber we can't see pictures of and don't have much information about.

Most important thing right now is - DON'T GET FRUSTRATED. Yeah, it sucks your saber isn't working. Calm down, think about things calmly. Give us some info we can go off of, and we can systematically track down your problems and tell you how to go about fixing it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Look I have researched from here to the outer rim, asked questions till I'm blue in the face, but nothing I have read has indicated the problem I have encountered. I am not trying to be a jerk, but when your told you need help, or that I do not know it is a LED light, that burns me. I am sorry to those that mistook my post as harsh, and I have posted more than twice. I have followed all the rules and never talked down to anyone. I am just a new-be trying to seek guidance from those that can help. All that needed to be said was "more info dude", or "send pics" not that other stuff. I have been patient w/ all for a year now, and am sorry to all for any offensive remarks. Thank you for setting the record straight w/ me. I will be more cautious in the future.
    Apology accepted, my post, if you had actually thought about it, was meant to suggest a legitimate possible problem to you. I have converted >25 MR sabers and wires coming loose is a common problem for folks who do conversions and posess poor soldering skills! Takes a big man to apologize, so I give you props for that, just thicken your skin in the future!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!