Thread: Polishing Your Mace Windu Lightsaber

Default Polishing Your Mace Windu Lightsaber

Can you use metal polish on the gold parts of a Windu saber or will it take the finish off of it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It will take all the finish off. Most of the gold stuff is actually plastic.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

there is no way that i know of to pollish the gold barts on the mace

the best thing u can do is not use it to keep it bright and beautiful i have only used my mace a hand full of times and it is starting to dull so i plan to gut it and display the hilt

unless u can get the gold parts milled outta copper there is no way to stop it from tarnshing

I noticed this problem too late. You have to wonder what the people at Master Replicas were thinking when they plated those bits with something that seems designed specifically to erode on contact with human flesh. For what it's worth, though, it actually looks a bit better--or rather is less noticeable--once all the gold has wore off the two strips on either side of the switch. For those with a still pristine Mace saber who want to keep it that way, I recommend wearing gloves when you play with it.