Thread: MR Maul Help!!

Default MR Maul Help!!

MY garrison CO has a ultrasaber converted maul in wich we are redoing to fit tims parts, his saber is very dim due to runing off the Mr board. Is it possiable to run a resistor some in there to bypass the board and keep sound, and the stock on-off turn nob. Help please!
    Sith Happens

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The MR board runs a RED LED pretty well. While I won't say it's maxed I think the problem is more likely the batteries. AAA's don't run as long so it dims faster.

So short of a new driver to keep the brightness constant I don't think you're going to notice a difference.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    The MR board runs a RED LED pretty well. While I won't say it's maxed I think the problem is more likely the batteries. AAA's don't run as long so it dims faster.

So short of a new driver to keep the brightness constant I don't think you're going to notice a difference.
    Thanks X but its dimmer than his stock MR's with fresh batteries.
    Sith Happens

then i suggest, replacing the led with a new L3 red, or red/orange led.

all the mr lux converts i did, all are brighter than the stock MR was. except the wifes mace convert to which she wanted a royal blue, and that is DEFINATELY dimmer.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Thanks Lan I did that as well. I had put one of my red-o in it still dim, maybe it has cold joints. I'd did not do the wiring on it he bought it that way, maybe I'll re-solder it and see if that helps
    Last edited by TD-2272; 03-14-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Miss typed
    Sith Happens

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Something has gone wrong internally then. Ultra knows what he's doing and unless I'm wrong in assuming it's a red LED it should kick the stock MR's butt.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i think your right X. if the leds ok, it has to be something else internal. i would recheck all the connections, its possible a wire broke loose on a connection someplace.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Thanks guys, When I was looking at it last night it did not have the sleve in that ultra use's
    I think who ever did this conversion did it wrong and when my CO bought it from him, he told my CO that it was done by Ultra, and I know Ultra doese good work.
    Sith Happens