Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: My new Custom saber...Fury

Ah, alright. It's no just a latching then. Fudge, this is more difficult than I was expecting. Well, Then, I'll place the puck aside and start tweaking the Stock internals. Thanks, Arm on –especially for your patience

*dies*
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

I am not one for posting unless I have something to add but have been reading a lot and have learned so much with this obsessive hobby I picked up a few months ago (like I don’t have enough hobbies).

Anyway I found this post when I was wiring up my MHS hilt. I have a 616 board and just a resistor (for now). I originally hooked it up with a DPDT switch I picked up at a local electronic supply house but I didn’t like the size of the push button switch in my hilt and didn’t want to put a sliding switch in (using the factory hole on the main body). I decided to look into a relay. Because I am using a choke I do not have much room in my hilt so I wanted to use a really small relay. I picked up an IC type DPST relay that is really small and worked well. It is an ECG Component (brand) part number RLYF2A005. It has a drop out voltage of .8V and a pull in voltage of 3.75. I just wired it in place of the DPDT switch pin 1 and 7, 8 and 14 open until the coil is energized (pin 2 and 6). I was then able to use my stsp switch I originally got from Tim. I used the switch to energize the coil.

The only problem I had is the power down sound would not work (already had a diode in the curcuit). The diode must not have been large enough because I put another one in series and that fixed the sound issue. I am no expert on diodes so that may not have been the correct thing to do...but hey its working.

So far it works well but I only played with the saber for about 20 min. top.

below are a couple of files...the relay info the parts place copied for me and a drawing with the dpst relay in place of the dpdt switch (borrowed from another poster on here but can’t remember the thread I found it in.

I will try to do a more professional easier to understand version (correct pins on correct side) later but this will at least show what I did.

There may be an easier way to wire one up but I didn’t really want to think about it too much and decided to just go this route and replace the switch.

Sorry if this info is already on here somewhere.

Click to download PDF file

DPSTrelay.pdf

Remember when identifying the correct pins on the relay it is from the top of the chip not from the bottom.

here is the pic I borrowed from someone here (with just resistor not buckpuck...but wiring would be the same...just take the pins from the dpdt switch and put them on the correct circuits of the relay)

Click for bigger pic
    Last edited by Zook; 03-20-2009 at 11:25 AM.

He he...my pic. Glad to see it helped someone and I might as well save the update it in my pics.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

For a necropost, this one is AWESOME! Good work my man. Now, get that detailed pix up!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Awesome saber! I can't wait to build mine...What did you use for the sound board chassis?
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    For a necropost, this one is AWESOME! Good work my man. Now, get that detailed pix up!
    Though I might be a little biased, I agree LDM it always seems to pop up with every new batch of noobs (no offense noobs )

Darth Cipher - Its the original 1/2 of the black plastic joe-jedi innards.

Sorry guys...I didnt look at the original post date just the date of the very last post which was dated 2-26-09 so I figured one month wouldnt be bringing back the dead.

This thread was very useful to me when I was wiring my saber and I didnt even realize it was in the gallery section.

When I do a new diagram I will post a new post in the LED or wiring section instead of this thread in the gallery.

Thanks again for all the help posted in this thread.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I don't think anyone was worried about you reviving an old thread, since you added something useful to it.

Where necroposting is a problem is when someone revives an old thread just to say something like, "Nice saber. I like it."

If you do a new diagram, it wouldn't hurt to put it in this thread too, since this one comes up often in a search for threads about the 616 board.