Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Custom saber...Fury

Yeh, I went slow and checked and double checked everything, I had never wired a saber like that before and i didnt want to fry any thing.

Thats a bad butt saber.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Arm, I forgot to comment on this a while back! I *LOVE* the "access plate to electronics" idea. I had been tossing that idea around with Corbin a long time ago, but it never got completed. Great stuff! Saber looks awesome!! Bravo, bravi, bravi... bravissimi!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Thanks Nova ,but i cant take the credit on the the access plate ,it was inspired by some of Treadingwolf's sabers, he uses sinktube shrouds that are "Hinged" to the body of the saber for access panels. very cool

/lurk

anyone know if theres a way to use the gaurded latching pushbuttons sold in the store to do this? I'm looking at reconfiguring the one I'm building (yes I'm still building it) to use one of those and I have a 616 board and a corbin driver and the new switches are ever so pretty.

also, did you have to remove the orriginal board mounted switch? and if so what did it take?

Nope, I left the original switch on the board. by soldering on the pins that stick out the back you can bypass it. I dont know if it would work the same if you used that switch being that it is spst, I dont see why both circuts need to be seperate if they are using the same voltage. but I am no wiz with electronics so maybe some one else knows.

Arm...This may be a really stupid question but I just picked up a 616 kit and I am wondering if the stock button on the soundboard shouuld be left in the on or off position. Does it matter?? I don't feel like frying the board so I thought I would ask a stupid, but pertinent, question instead.

I was going to say on, but with another switch completing the circuit from the other side of the board now I think it doesn't matter.

I leave mine off , the switch I used just bypasses it, but it also depends on how you have your switch wired.
    Last edited by Arm on Fire; 04-08-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Got any closer detail pics on how you did this?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics