Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Custom saber...Fury

Default My new Custom saber...Fury

Here's my design

All my hilt pieces and most of the parts.... (2) 700 mA buckpucks = 1400 mA , red-o luxIII, 5 deg optics, SW-616 Sound board from radio shack fx construction set, DPDT switch, radio shack speaker, and 4 aaa battery pack.

Soldered the DPDT slider to the pins on the back of the switch thats soldered to the board.

cut down the plastic housing the board was in originaly, cut and capped the onl led wires , and hot glued the clash sensor in place.

Here's my buckpuck setup.

here's both together.

Stay tuned... more to come

Default Update..:)

I was so focused on the wiring i missed a few pics but heres the electronics installed

all wired and assembled

The moment of truth...

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I really like your wiring and battery chassis with door setup. VERY professional looking. Great work
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Very nice Arm of fire

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice! Very clean looking installation!

Good job!

Very nice saber! Really beautiful, precise machining work and sleek design. I've never been a big fan of the style 1 blade holder, but it works well with your design and the black is a perfect touch.

I like what you did with the guard screws around the slide switch - I'm not terribly fond of the push-button switches, but they're easy to install and work with a simple driver or resistor. I'm thinking of countersunk slide switches for my next project, but not quite recessed, so probably a lower-profile version of what you have with some smaller guard screws and the slide switch sticking out of the hilt just a bit.
    My MHS:

Thanks guys

Bhujangijedi, I had a real hard time finding a switch that i liked that was DPDT, i settled on the one in the store cause i liked the alunimum post, i was going to cut it down shorter but i found those thumb screws and liked the look of it.

What screws are you using to hold the door on?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Arm,

As you said us New Englanda's need to stick together. I should be getting some nice DPDT push style switches in..There's a moinor saga going on with those if you read my last post in the Dooku Hilt thread but I'll send you one if you would like.

I can also send you the specs on it. (I just popped in while on duty and of course I had to check the forums)

Did you use the MR board from the MR SW-616 kit? I'm looking to see how you wired that sucker..

DN

Hasid, got them from McMaster.com part #s 91746A218 they are listed under thumbscrews. they have a extensive selection of sizes and styles.

Dark, yeah send me one if you get extras , I have been keeping up with your progress sorry to hear about your delays, it sucks when its on the bench just waiting for parts.
    It dose have the board from the SW-616 in it i tryed to get pics of how i wired it but i nmissed a few steps.
    i have a wire diagram i made if you or anybody needs it.
    Last edited by Arm on Fire; 03-14-2008 at 08:40 AM.