Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2) 700mA Buckpucks = 1400 mA

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arm on Fire View Post
    im only getting about 800 mA with fresh batterys, not even 1050 or so as Tim posted.
    That stinks. If I don't even get 1A, I'd be better off with Corbin's board. Have you shipped my order yet, Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Arm on Fire View Post
    I should have checked before i posted , instead i assumed...and as the saying goes you know what that makes me
    Don't feel bad. I've seen it posted elsewhere that it works. In theory, it should work.

Oh well, plan B...
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 03-17-2008 at 05:21 PM.

I dont know if i am measuring this correctly, can someone look at the pic of my setup and tell me where i should be putting the leads of my multimeter. thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Amperage is measured is series. You should measure on the positive, between the puck and the LED. In this case, the white wire. You need to leave the negative connected, but break the white, and measure across the gap. You basically want to measure how much current is flowing through the meter.

Thanks anyway Man, i surpassed my limits about an hour ago.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Well guys.. I just tried it and I got exactly 1400.. /shrug

Maybe the guy I talked to is full of you know what. Do it at your own risk since they say it doesnt work but it worked fine for me.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hey Tim, did you wire yours like mine in the first post? and where did you measure the out put?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thanks, Tim.

When I get the 2 700's myself, I'll take them to a friend of mine and test them and post the results.

By the way, how did you test them?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It sure looks like you did it the same way I did. But when I touched the meter it turned the led on. I dont think you have your meter set right for what you are trying to do.

It looks like the plug on the far left is for A and the one far right is only for mA and since you have it set on A... I could be wrong.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I got the two pucks and wired them to my K2, just like AoF did. Seems to work right. It's certainly brighter than my blue Lux III, and when I put the III on the pucks, it's brighter than when it's on its resistor.

When I get a CF, I'll put these pucks in the saber with the III, and run it over-driven.
    (Unless I can afford to get two CFs.)

I will find my meter (still burried after moving) and test mine. I set mine up just like AoF's and was very happy with the results. I guess I also just assumed it was working the way we all thought it would but testing was a good idea. I am happy you got the full 1400 when you tested it Tim, I was so happy with the brightness of this set up that I am converting my first MHS to run the same.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."