Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best purple filter?

Default Best purple filter?

Hey all
    I am making a saber for my wife and she insists it be purple. What type of filter gives the best purple?
    Thanks

Tough break,
    My wife likes green, and then she didn't even come to the party that I made her the saber for!

I'm considering attempting a 2 LED saber. I've experimented with both a red and a blue LED next to each other and it makes a dynamite purple. Problem is - you can't use a lense that way.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

only way to do it right now is use white lux 3 watt and purple filter disk from tim.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Is that possible?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madcow

Tough break,
    My wife likes green, and then she didn't even come to the party that I made her the saber for!

I'm considering attempting a 2 LED saber. I've experimented with both a red and a blue LED next to each other and it makes a dynamite purple. Problem is - you can't use a lense that way.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's what an RGB LED does. Mixing colors is fine. Focusing it like he said is the problem.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Why couldn't you use a RGB LED with red and blue turned on? Sure, it'd waste battery power like crazy, but if it looks good...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

From others experiments the red is more powerful. You'd have to limit it to mix with the blue well on a RGB LED.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Red is too powerful to mix with the blue, even with my filters! However one of the color filters that Tim sells is exactly the color of Mace Windu's lightsaber and another one is like a "royal purple" I'll post pics as soon as I find a digital camera. For only $1 more than a regular LED, basically the white plus the filters, you can't go wrong. I love mine.[]

pretty much what i said before white with filter.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I am using the White 3W with the Filter and it is really a good looking purple.[8D] Plus if she get's tired of it you can always easily change colors.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.