Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: buckpuck wiring

Did you insulate the bottom of your Red Lux III?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Something is definately wrong there the puck should have regulated the current so that wouldn't happen. Something must be wrong somewhere.

Sorry about the loss of your LED
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

It sounds like it grounded out, so if you didn't insulate the LED, that would more then likely be the culprit

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I had the LED mounted on a copper heatsink with the thermal adhesive tape, it was supposed to be non-conductive?

So you are saying that it grounded out against the heatsink? I wasn't installed in a hilt or anything. I was just trying different avenues of power.

I still think that somehow the wiring is messed up. It sounds like what would happen if you just bypassed the pucks and hooked up 8 batteries straight to the LED. Now I don't think you did that by any means that's just what the behavior sounds like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnightBJ View Post
    I had the LED mounted on a copper heatsink with the thermal adhesive tape, it was supposed to be non-conductive?

So you are saying that it grounded out against the heatsink? I wasn't installed in a hilt or anything. I was just trying different avenues of power.
    Did any of the connection cross on the Lux III when it was on?

I don't know...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Well I didnt mean for that to happen

A buckpuck if wired correctly will output the same amount if you give it 5v or 32v. Did you have it wired like arm on fires picture?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I had it wired identical. The only difference being that I just hooked up double the normal batteries. I had an 8 AAA holder hooked up to it.

well I'm stumped!

Maybe you got one of those new extra special exploding Lux III's, otherwise I got nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Arm on Fire View Post
    Here is my Wiring of (2) 700 mA Buckpucks (taped together) wired in parellel with DPDT slider, and Quick connect for LED all parts sold in TCSS store. Hope this helps

It looks identical to this, insert 8 AAA's and the copper heatsink with a piece of thermal adhesive tape and the led, mounted with nylon screws. I actually used two pieces of thermal tape in order to completely cover the heatsink, as to not allow direct contact between the LUX III and the heatsink, for conductivity reasons.