Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: On the way to Crystal Focus V4

hasid : omnisabers does not transmit sounds wireless, the sound is produced on the PC. Since crystal focus is monophonic, it couldn't reproduce the sound for several sabers.
    I think that the idea you mention has been digged by hyperdynelabs a while ago. Never seed a lead of that installation. Personnaly, I prefer to have the big sound out of a 100 W stereo than off my pouches
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

YEah thats what I ment. so it wont work huh.....
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

long day... supposed to be vacations but... fought fever all day. However, successfully soldered most of the capacitor and all the resistors for the first batch of 50 V4. That's about 1050 parts... enough for today I guess
    Props Electronics

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

All that hard work is appreciated though... Well it will be as long as I get my grubby little mitts on one .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    long day... supposed to be vacations but... fought fever all day. However, successfully soldered most of the capacitor and all the resistors for the first batch of 50 V4. That's about 1050 parts... enough for today I guess
    OMIGOSH. Fifty?? Geez. Although I guess why am I surprised, 60 CF sold in 2 days, I wonder what the new record will be, hahahah

Aussi Erv... let me know if you want to approach that idea in the future of assembling some boards that I was talking about. You know the one I mean.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Not good! Only 50, now they'll go faster.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

LOL... predicting that CF v4 sells in 1.5 hours then?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

1.6892 hours.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

It's 50 + 50 to follow. I could have worked directly on 100, but it's "mentally hard". 50 makes an.... acceptable heap of things on my bench while 100 looks like I'm never going to make it and it will take ages to finish. Plus it's not convenient to transport between 2 houses while they are partially soldered (50 still fit in a reasonnably sized box without harming each others)

So, I'm planning a first release of 50 for the end of the month, roughtly, only if all the missing parts land on my desk at the right time, and then I will be already in the process to make the 50 others, for 1 month later or so. This time, I ordered directly to make 100, so I have the PCBs and all electronic parts. I'm just waiting for the processors and micro SD cards.

You have to be aware that the price is going to increase of 4 or 5 euros. I know it's totally unfair with the USD still increasing too. The main reasons are :
    - micro SD card holder is 2.5 times more expensive than the SD one
    - the 1 GB microSD card definitly more expensive than the previous 32 MB SD card.

To compensate, I've decided to include free wire (50 cm x 5 colors) and a bit of heatshrink. I just want you to understand that despite the price is increasing, I'm not making more money on each board. It's the cost price that is increasing.
    Props Electronics

personally I don't really care if any extra cost is sent to me, I'll gladly pay it (pres bush can go eat one) I just want one so badly it hurts... I was so completely blown when the last batch sold out that I gave up hope of ever having one...I have literally given up any sound options on my sabers from here on unless i can get a cf...I will try, but it seems to be a futile thing to reach for when all of the custom saber builders are going to buy them out before i have any chance in hell of having what I want..... I would be more than happy to have any version of cf than deal with a MR again but the 4.0 is sounding like a pretty sweet machine there...it's a shame I'll never have one , even though i can afford it the cf is so elusive to me.........I guess I'll likely see most of them on ebay in a crappy saber nobody in there right mind would build whose only saving grace is the cf.........
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.