Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orbital Machining

Default Orbital Machining

anyone one get any of there hilts made by theses guys besides the Amazing Killer Penny. there working on a 3d rendering for me i just wonderd if any one else has had there stuff made by them? and thanks for X-wings web site recomending them to me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm sure a few have but this is Tim's (TCSS owner) site so we generally don't talk about where else we shop.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

o sorry. i was just wonderin if anyone had any picks.

TCSS offerings increase in value the more you can do with them, so refraining from discussing saber-related products & services just because they're offered by some other company/person probably does Tim more of a disservice than help.

I know I'm pretty new to TCSS and don't know Tim personally, but from what I can tell he's a saber enthusiast doing what he can to support the DIY saber community and run a business. None of the posts I have seen discouraging discussion of other saber resources have been by Tim himself - is he in fact opposed to it?

In the case of Orbital Machining - I know Tim will do custom work, but does he even offer the services Orbital does?

I think that ultimately this forum stands a better chance to be the resource for not only DIY saber construction, but also custom orders and minor mods if the discussion is completely open, honest, and informative, without any (self) censorship of competing products. And the more authoritative a source this forum is, the wider exposure it gets, and ultimately the more customers Tim gets.

So let's all share whatever info we have to help people bring their glowy fantasies into reality.
    My MHS:

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I understand... it's just a fuzzy line. No one has a problem discussing sabers not built with TCSS parts. I guess the line is "soliciting"?

Tim even has recommended Ace when he can't or doesn't want to try a job.

If it's just pics... sure, why not. I doubt anyone has any besides Acerocket himself though.

Just playing devil's advocate, because it sometimes feels like a person walking into a Ford dealership asking for a Honda or something equal to that.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Ace did some sanding on my MHS...

Top notch work and great communication.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I have no idea of the details of how well business is for Tim, and it seems like he's serving kind of a small market, so I certainly feel some sympathy and want to support him as much as possible. I am very grateful that he provides what he does - I'd have nowhere to go if not for TCSS!

That being said, I really do feel like this forum is a huge asset for TCSS - I wouldn't even know what to do with TCSS parts if not for the forum. And I think this forum will be the best it can be when all available options for sabersmithing are discussed and any helpful information for each person realizing their particular design is shared.

If I feel like I have any advice to offer, I suggest how TCSS parts could be used (which is usually easiest/cheapest anyway) or whatever other parts I'm aware of that could be used to most effectively help the person achieve their goal. I don't think it's being disrespectful until a person starts hawking their own stuff, or recommending another place to buy identical items to what Tim sells.
    My MHS:

is Erik Hertzberg the ACE guy your talking about?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yes. Acerocket is Erik who owns Orbital Machining.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Yes. Acerocket is Erik who owns Orbital Machining.
    Yes, sadly 'tis the truth. Acerocket is me and I do own Orbital Machining.