Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't post in the gallery threads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    With any new forum..comes a 'learning curve' of where things are located.. where stickys are..where the search is..etc..etc..

If you can post a thread calling them names, complaining, flaming them..etc..etc..

You could just as easy post al ink to the rules.. or hell skip the post COMPLETELY..saving yourself much time..

and the bottom line is..accidents happen.

I had MANY 'tabs' open..from searches..and reading.. and happened to forget what thread I was in... (big deal)..

it was an easy mistake to fix.. however the tons of PM's and name calling and threats of this and that were a frickin' joke. The 'jedi attitude and community' in general severely lacking IMHO..

all the time put in telling people how dumb or wrong they are..could be spent structuring the forum better.. or teaching other how to be more productive memebers here..
    Xl97, I don't think this thread was meant to single you out. This is a general problem that involves people who are new to the forum and those who have been here long enough to ought to know better. Also keep in mind that none of us knows how many PMs someone may have already received on an issue, and we can't post a reply to the mistake in the thread without committing the same mistake ourselves. That's why I think the best approach would simply be to make the rules more obvious so that fewer mistakes are made.

I'm sorry to hear that Xwing, you really kept a clean forum. There goes the neighborhood.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    Xl97, I don't think this thread was meant to single you out. This is a general problem that involves people who are new to the forum and those who have been here long enough to ought to know better. Also keep in mind that none of us knows how many PMs someone may have already received on an issue, and we can't post a reply to the mistake in the thread without committing the same mistake ourselves. That's why I think the best approach would simply be to make the rules more obvious so that fewer mistakes are made.

totally agree.. and I was just giving MY personal experience on it to shed some light..

the reality of it is, no matter which you go.. only the MODS should be the 'police' around here..

along with a some 'patience'.. I mean this is a community of like minded people.. (some slower than others.. ..but still kindred of sorts)

I think the message here is "Chill-ax y'all!"

We're all only human & do forget not to do stuff! (I'm just covering my own ass here!)
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

totally agree.. and I was just giving MY personal experience on it to shed some light..

the reality of it is, no matter which you go.. only the MODS should be the 'police' around here..

along with a some 'patience'.. I mean this is a community of like minded people.. (some slower than others.. ..but still kindred of sorts)
    That's the problem. There are no Mods. The general members must step up and fill the void.

No disrespect meant to anyone by this thread, it was more of a general reminder.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    That's the problem. There are no Mods. The general members must step up and fill the void.

No disrespect meant to anyone by this thread, it was more of a general reminder.
    none taken (at least on my part)

but to a new member.. I got a TONS of PM's from a TONS of members.. some doing it nicely.. MOST trying to be intimidating...

I agree members being their brothers' keeper IS a must if a cumminty is large and going to survive... but everyone jumping on the bandwagon to 'trash/flame' someone is counter productive I would think.

I got the reminder.. and I'll try to keep aware of what threads I am in.. sometimes I have MANY windows/tabs open all form TCSS..search, images... links...

but everyone jumping on the bandwagon to 'trash/flame' someone is counter productive I would think.
    Try to understand that no one here on the forums has any idea how many people have "jumped on the bandwagon". We don't have any way of knowing how many private messages you have received about an issue. I'm not making excuses for those who may have been rude to you, but you cannot take offense at the shear volume of messages sent unless you are getting several from the same user.

Edit: To those of you who may have broken rules about posting in gallery threads, you may also consider deleting those posts. That would be a much better apology than anything you could say here.
    Last edited by TimeRender; 03-10-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Why do I always think of something else to say after posting?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    Try to understand that no one here on the forums has any idea how many people have "jumped on the bandwagon". We don't have any way of knowing how many private messages you have received about an issue. I'm not making excuses for those who may have been rude to you, but you cannot take offense at the shear volume of messages sent unless you are getting several from the same user.

Edit: To those of you who may have broken rules about posting in gallery threads, you may also consider deleting those posts. That would be a much better apology than anything you could say here.
    and thats the problem with everyone taking the matter into their own hands... IMHO. Especially ones with attitude? Yes multiple form the same users.. (I doubt I could be the only one this has happened too).. and no your correct, 'you' would have no way of knowing how many PM's one has gotten, but to think your would be the ONLY one of this whole forum that needs to police seems a little.. I dont know 'off/extreme'?

and I did delete my post(s).. did I miss one? I left one it got another pic posted of more detail(s).. so is your comment aimed at removing that as well?

anyways.. its not about the past..its about hopefully ironing out a procedre/process where its doesnt continue.

the use of 'you' and other nouns are meant as a 'whole' (not you specifically)

take care
    Last edited by xl97; 03-10-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Hell, I'd be willing to just be the one person who PMs people if they post in gallery threads. That would take multiple PM issue out of the picture.

Thoughts on that idea?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

awesome idea.. or a set of 'old vets' on ther forum.. that will sorta take on the 'un-official responsibilities' ya know?

leaves policing to those who have hung there hat here longer than most, not everyone gets involded putting in their 2 cents.. solves several areas right there..