Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't post in the gallery threads!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Don't post in the gallery threads!!!

This has gotten terrible lately. Xwing isn't a Mod anymore so he can't clean them out either.

Reminder to all: Don't post in a stickied gallery thread UNLESS you've got pictures. If you have a question about a saber, make a new thread for it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Xwing isn't a Mod anymore so he can't clean them out either.
    Really? who are the Mods ATM then?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There are none.

We've got 2 Admins, Tim and Sabergirl, but the latter is very rarely online.

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    Really? who are the Mods ATM then?
    Since the vbulliten switch I haven't been a mod. I don't know if Tim forgot or what, but honestly I don't care. I see the gallery posts and want to call the people all kinds of unsightly things for simply not paying attention.

Not my mess...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

a simple PM to some of these people could do alot more good than just complaining...

I know I for one did it. (actually just forgot I was in the gallery section.)

I can tell ya one thing.... things are handled very poorly around here with attitude and respect toward other (especially new) members..

simple mistake that was easily corrected.. (sue me)

It's not always handled as well as it could be, but in the end it is the responsibility of the user to read the forum rules. The rules threads are buried in a list of about a dozen other stickies though, so I propose we create a general rules thread and move it to the top page in a most conspicuous spot. It's been a while since I joined and I don't remember any more, but perhaps a link to the rules could be included on the registration page along with a mandatory check box. At least then when users break the forum rules we can beat them guiltlessly with our lightsabers... metaphorically of course.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That could work timerender. I'd be up for helping out creating that.

It could be stickied in the Welcome to the Forum board.

The nicest was having a Mod like Xwing who could just delete the posts that were in gallery threads. A tedious job but it was a huge help.

With any new forum..comes a 'learning curve' of where things are located.. where stickys are..where the search is..etc..etc..

If you can post a thread calling them names, complaining, flaming them..etc..etc..

You could just as easy post al ink to the rules.. or hell skip the post COMPLETELY..saving yourself much time..

and the bottom line is..accidents happen.

I had MANY 'tabs' open..from searches..and reading.. and happened to forget what thread I was in... (big deal)..

it was an easy mistake to fix.. however the tons of PM's and name calling and threats of this and that were a frickin' joke. The 'jedi attitude and community' in general severely lacking IMHO..

all the time put in telling people how dumb or wrong they are..could be spent structuring the forum better.. or teaching other how to be more productive memebers here..

I was thinking something even more conspicuous than that, like it's own forum. That way it would be right at the top of the list on the front page. The next best thing would be a sticky in the "Welcome" forum.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The FAQ covers basically everything already. I think if we (me) found the old links again that would cover a lot of the questions.