Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: leftover parts and junk

nope.
    Heiland 3-cell or Synchronar flash with black reflector shroud

This is the main component of the lightsaber. It can be found at camera shows and some photo dealers. This used to be a fairly common item, but lately they've become more difficult to find. You can find dealers that deal in large-format equipment in Shutterbug magazine. If you're patient, a Heiland can be had for $35, but if you're not, be prepared to pay $75-$150 for it. Unfortunately, most dealers know that Heiland (and Graflex) flashes were used to make lightsabers, so be prepared for a long wait if you decide to hold out for a bargain. When you buy a flash, be sure the flash comes with the black shroud (which is used to connect the reflector to the flash). There were two variations of the shroud. The one you want is approximately 2-3/4" long from the tip of the head to the base. The one you don't want is about 1-1/2" long. Also, if you want to use the stock Heiland clamp, you'll want to be sure the flash comes with the clamp as well.

c. Heiland shrouds have 2 steps. MPP's have both 1 step shrouds and 2 step shrouds. 1 step shrouds are correct.
    d. Heiland shrouds have 2 slots for the 2 buttons as opposed to the 1 slot for the MPP shrouds
    e. MPP's have 2 screws in teh flash to keep the shroud from going too far down on the flash

A vintage Heiland "emitter shroud", salvaged off ebay, has a little wear to it, but that just adds to the effect.

these are all heilands with aluminum painted black textured shrouds.
    You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That all well and good. I know the variations.[] I am just saying the ones I have encountered and the one I own is a type of plastic (which kind I'm not sure). It is exactly like the first picture. With all the variations that there are it's not out there to think there are some plastic ones in addition the metal ones you have.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

yes but only reason i used a metal one i found on ebay that was correct step is because i am hanging it on belt by Dring, if you use the plastic or resin shroud it will not hold up for long and dring will break the shroud.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Lan, why are you answering a post in a 5 1/2 year old thread?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

was lookin for another metal shroud by googlin and run across this old thread, realized it hadnt been posted to in some time, thot what the heck, post, lol

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!