Thread: Blade retention question

Default Blade retention question

How does the blade stay on the hilt? I know for the Parks removables, a thumbscrew holds the blade in. This would be on a Vader ESB.

thumbscrew with tim holder too.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

So, a question for you all abou the thumbscrew. Do you guys just pin the blade in with the thumbscrew, or do you dent the blade (drill into the plastic, but not all the way through) and then fit the screw into the little niche, or do you drill all the way through the wall of the blade and fit the screw in that?

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gundamaniac

So, a question for you all abou the thumbscrew. Do you guys just pin the blade in with the thumbscrew, or do you dent the blade (drill into the plastic, but not all the way through) and then fit the screw into the little niche, or do you drill all the way through the wall of the blade and fit the screw in that?

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am wondering the exact same thing as I am getting ready to put together my first saber (LED.

"And Just Where Do You Think Your Going Rebel Scum?"

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It just pushes into the side of the blade. You do nto need to drill into the blade.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

It just pushes into the side of the blade. You do nto need to drill into the blade.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Cool, thanks Tim!

"And Just Where Do You Think Your Going Rebel Scum?"