Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sith Saber Ideas

Unhappy Sith Saber Ideas

I've been in the design stage of building my first mhs saber. I have drawn up many designs but none have really stood out. I want a sith style saber and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or input?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Um...How can we give you input if there is nothing to comment on?

A rendering would be nice
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Agreed.Why not post some of your sketches so we can have a look and see if we can come up with ideas.

INPUT on what 'makes' a SITH type saber perhaps? Other comments how what makes a "SITH STYLE" saber to them.. pics to help him get ideas..

thats what hes looing for.

I suppose that too.

I've seen alot of custom Sith sabers that looked organic,whether it be that it was wrapped with faux hides or carved to look like bone or what not.In fact I've thought of making a Sith saber and carving it from some high density impact foam and then molding it and casting a resin one off.

I'd start by doing a search on Google Image or Yahoo Image for Sith Lightsaber and see what comes up.If Luuke's Sabers wasn't shut down I'd say go there and look through the galleries but he is wanting to sell the site and domain.

You could always do a dark color hilt, black or dark gray with some red in it. Those are just colors you could work with though....other than that....you can do claws, spikes, "sithish" designs such as sith writing. Look around the custom saber section and I'm sure you can find some ideas there.

These claws are a bit over the top for me but would you be able to make custom claws like this by hand, using a cutting tool like a dremel?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you look at the claws the shop has? They are less intense than those.

Really any style lightsaber can be a sith saber. the only real common element to the Sith Sabers is the Red Blade. Each saber made by a Sith is as unique to the one making it as a Jedi's Saber is.

But my Idea of a Sith's Saber would be to have a lot of Black Powder Coated parts. But it Doesnt have to be. Take Darth Maul's for example, it was almost all plane Metal, but Vader's had alot of Black in it.. Darth Sidious's Saber was real organic lookinging with smooth curves and a Chrome and Gold look to it, while Dooku's saber was Curved Hilt styled to fit his form of lightsaber combat.

any saber could be a Sith Saber. It must be unique to your style of design and aslong as it has the red blade, all jedi would fear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeescook View Post
    These claws are a bit over the top for me but would you be able to make custom claws like this by hand, using a cutting tool like a dremel?
    They were not cheap! I think chaos said they were like £50!

The Sith i'll be doing for myself is fairly simple:

Emitter 2, 4" f/f centre piece, m/m coupler, f/f grooved, then pommel 4.
    The emitter will have a groove taken out of the top, & the bulky side part from my Parks Shadow with the thumb srew to hold the blade.

VERY LITTLE BLACK ON THE HILT. May add O-rings on the m/m coupler, & powdercoat the grip dividers, but thats it.

Kinda based it on the Bpfasshi dark Jedi saber briefly seen in Star Wars Tales no. 16 if anyone has read that.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?