Thread: bright red

Default bright red

what is the brightes red led avaible iam havin truble finding them in red. is the luxeon v the brightes? and can somone give me a link to were i can get one. thanks for you help.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Red is a different ball of monkey poo compared to the other colors.

The III is the only one. There is no V for Red and the K2 is dimmer. Don't let it fool you thought in my book the Red III equals a V of another color.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

could u use a luxeon v white and use a red gel or red color disc and get it brighter than the luxeon III red led? or is the red luxeon 3 led the best way to go?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Relin View Post
    could u use a luxeon v white and use a red gel or red color disc and get it brighter than the luxeon III red led? or is the red luxeon 3 led the best way to go?
    Nope, filters are no substitute for the real color. Especially with Red getting the same saturation is hard... it will have a tendency to be pink.

Trust me it's bright.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

My 3W red run off a MR board looked basically as bright as a 5 watter run off a Ultrasound to my eyes
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

cool thank you guys for clearin some stuff up for me.

this is a seoul p4 in red in a semi lit room... it's very bright.

Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.

Miyamoto Musashi