Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forced Unleashed Saber Pike

Default Great job

Someone beat me to it. LOL

Very nice job. I remember seeing a picture online some time back and wasn't sure if it was going to be from The Force Unleashed or perhaps it might have been an idea for the TV series. Either way, I thought it looked cool.

Here's the picture I saw. I just did a search while writing this and found it again:

Corbin

Jesus the blade is almost as long as half of the hilt.
    Distance fighting for the win!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Thanks guys. I'm really impressed with it. The blade i got was a 32 inch blade. I know it looks small. But the finished product is like 9 feet tall with the blade on it. I really don't think I would be able to put a sound board into this cause the bottom part of it is a wooden dowel. This really tickles me well that I am getting such praise on this. Now in reference to the picture. The pike is not parrell with the guard but is as it appears to be at least 2 feet at a slant. In doing this. you would be able to take it from rest to a striking lance section. the funny thing is last tuesday I was in a car and actually was riding with it in lance form. No pictures where taken of this. This weekend I should have the entire Costume in possesion so everyone can see how it looks.

As for what I did to mount the blade in. I just stuck a adaptor into the standard metal pieces we get from here. It gives it a really good fit.

Thanks again.

Lucious Talvloinne

P.S. Corbin I think i did pretty good for not having any machined parts.

Another reason why I love this forum, so many cool toys to look at!

Very nice job, I like it
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Great stuff!

hey, I have the perfect CF sound font on the way for something like that! More on that soon...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Its not the best picture but I thought you guys would like to see. That middle joint still gives me crap - but I don't want to seal it cause i had to get the on off switch and fish it out - the nut for the switch slipped off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I got to see this thing today at All-Con. It's freaking HUGE, and looks great in person. He's got a 3/4 inch blade in it and it looks perfect.

Again, great job LT

Youngling

Lucious, that thing really does look great and the costume in your pic as well... wow! Good effort!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    I got to see this thing today at All-Con. It's freaking HUGE, and looks great in person. He's got a 3/4 inch blade in it and it looks perfect.

Again, great job LT
    \

Its not Huge the ceilings are just low :>

Here is a really good picture of it. The blade got washed out in the photo but stilll. When I saw this I was in awestuck of myself. I know you guys are getting a kick out of it. But I was in so freaking I can't even place the words.

Arka in your words what gave the weapon away and at what point did you realize you had stumbled across the weapon. Not to mention hold it... hows that for a light weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Jedi Master

there aren't a whole lot of 9ft tall lightsabers around, so when I saw it, I figured either it was you, or someone copied it.