Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: prototype: mid-grade MR-Daughter Luxeon CONTROLLER.

question/suggestion

one of the major advantages of the CF and US boards is that they can power any of the current LEDs to their best specified MA, would your board have similar capability?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    I will also be looking at making a hasbro version of a similar board if some people are into that. (similar board, different programming)

i myself would love a hasbro version cuz i wanna use the hasbro card out of my DIY hasbro kit i love the sound it makes... now i just have to figure out how to keep the green crystal in the saber

to keep that sound and also make it so the saber can open to acept the force crystals

srry off track yes hasbro version for me

Well this is great. You seem to know what your doing, unlike me.

I would definately buy these for sabers that I will sell, dont worry erv I still want your board too.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Oh everyone will still want CF, but this offers an interesting opportunity for all those who've pulled MR boards out of sabers to upgrade them and have spare boards. Now they can be used for something better than they were originally, but they won't break the bank. I see a market for this, good luck.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Yes, it makes sense to me, especially if the board's cost is relatively low.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus View Post
    Oh everyone will still want CF, but this offers an interesting opportunity for all those who've pulled MR boards out of sabers to upgrade them and have spare boards. Now they can be used for something better than they were originally, but they won't break the bank. I see a market for this, good luck.
    Yeah, I want a CF too
    this isn't intended to compete with the CF, but to offer another range of product.

In my sense, every boards have a different target. Ultra's board isn't the same as Erv's board, and this would definately not be the same game. But as I see it, its a nice upgrade.

I'm looking into making this compatible for Lux V so you'd have simple connection with MR. Still some design issues before it can go into production.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Default 1 amp yellow blade rocks.

Somewhen this week I realized that I wasn't powering the LED at full blast, but only about 200 miliamp. Its my first time with Cree Q5 so I was simply thinking they aren't "as bright" as people were saying.

Anyway, once I realised, I changed my circuitery and fixed some problems... and WOW, the yellow-filtered Q5 can be so bright!

Shimering, extension/retraction and brightness are just better now.

Here's a new video:

I also started to work on adding a voltage regulator, if all works as planned, we'll be able to power lux V with these, and have a regulated power output to protect the MR board.

more to come, but not this week - I'm out of town most of next week.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Hot damn! That things coming along really well there

Keep it up, I think we're all starting to drool a bit over this fantastic invention

Awesome, I like where this is going, especially how you can control the MR sounds like a CF. Lux V from MR with one battery pack? Even cooler.

Mars,

I think in understand how t his will work. If this board will have regulated power out for the MR board, it could very will be used for any other sound board.... like the hasbro board, for those who were asking earlier. Let me know it that is correct. I think the hasbro board fans would love a really good lightshow for their sound boards.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!