Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: prototype: mid-grade MR-Daughter Luxeon CONTROLLER.

Yeah... if I ever get good at prop building (or someone creates The Custom Proton Pack Shop ) a proton pack of my own is definitely on The List. I'd probably get lazy and go with the Hyperdyne Labs electronics, though.

I too ultimately would just ChEeSe out on my own proton pack.

Sweet board btw.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    Yeah... if I ever get good at prop building (or someone creates The Custom Proton Pack Shop ...
    HAHHAHAH, that is genius--I mean... we should HELLA open a joke thread for what other goofy "spin-offs" should come from Tim's business. Like "The Custom Vader Helm Shop" and junk like that, lol.

lol... the custom proton pack shop... hahahaha... daayum.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I too find it funny... with all the custom proton packs I saw online (cheaper then making a screen accurate one), I'd say its very doable!

I'm just wondering... if we are ready to spend on a daughterboard, do we really want cheaper hasbro toy sound? Anyway... the proton pack experiment proves the PCB design and its versatility, I'm very happy about that. I wanted to be 100% certain before spending on a PCB run - I never did that before, and wouldn't want to be caught with unused or useless boards.

Today's festival was a blast, and the Proton Pack was a blast. People are amazed at the strength of the neutrona wand's beam. Hasbro is apparently looking at making proton packs, maybe I'll do some proton pack daughterboards. LOL.

This week is Halloween's - as a father I have family obligations in this regards, but am looking forward to shipping a few boards very soon!
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Personally, I'd probably stick this in with an MR board (I've got a Vader and a Mace sitting around back home), as opposed to a Hasbro board... and with this thing being as versatile as you're saying... I might one day look into getting a Hasbro E-11, resin conversion kit - saw one on a Brit site yesterday that looked good - and a red/o Lux III with this.

...Actually, I'll definitely do that when I get the chance. I just searched Amazon and, yep, there's the Hasbro E-11s. So at least one part of a Stormtrooper costume is eminiently doable. (Now if only I knew where in hell I could get my hands on the armor besides ePayOutTheNose.)

Woot! Awesomeness Mr. Mars (wish I remebered how to spell Mr. in french)

Maybe if I can get a little more skilled in wiring and space saving in a lightsaber I'll take a look at your board, though it would seem a waste to use it on just one accent led.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    and with this thing being as versatile as you're saying... I might one day look into getting a Hasbro E-11, resin conversion kit - saw one on a Brit site yesterday that looked good - and a red/o Lux III with this.
    That's one thing I want to do in the future.. Of course, for using the same board with a different purpose (might it be E11, Proton pack, chainsaw or flashlight) we'd need it being programmed differently, but its the same board none the less, meaning any of those would be possible without new PCB designs, etc. Making a bigger market for a single product.

Also, PCB making is pricey unless you buy it in the 100s. More applications means I am less shy of spending to get the parts and PCBs. You must understand that I'll have to front the money for the initial run. This being a hobby and all... well, you get my point
    -Mars

I have some good news!

4 boards are ready - that will consist of the original run.

This week I'll wrap-up a "owner's manual" so anyone getting a board like that knows how to use it beforehand - then I'll email it to the top of my list of people interested in acquiring / reviewing an original board.

From there, we'll see.
    Last edited by Marsupial; 11-10-2008 at 08:32 PM.
    -Mars

Default Interesting

Looks very interesting. Lots of places to add stuff. If at all possible, I would like a copy of the owners manual to see what capabilities the board has. Are you going to sell them in small batches?

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    Looks very interesting. Lots of places to add stuff. If at all possible, I would like a copy of the owners manual to see what capabilities the board has. Are you going to sell them in small batches?
    I'll post all the info online, but I want to make sure its clear with the "future owners" how they work.
    The point is, this is meant to be small, very small, so no pre-installed connector, requiring soldering directly to it. Its not an "easy mod" and if someone is to acquire this and botch their soldering job, I can't be held responsible.

For an idea of the size

As far as selling them in batches, I'll wait to see how well receive the original batch goes. If people like how I did it, I'll consider a larger run; otherwise I'll look about a redesign.
    To be honest, I don't own an eStore and am still uncertain how this will work. I'll have to discuss with Tim about that - afterall, TCSS is an eStore and I don't want to be the competitor coming in the storefront to sell stuff.
    -Mars